THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Where is my Breakfast?

That is todays question.  I'm asking my husband and he's giving me some silly response that has to do with him needing a cup of coffee before I get my scambled eggs on a piece of toast.  My one word response to that is...."RUDE"!   It is a weekend ritual.  It is all I can do to eat fruit for breakfast every other day of the week, I need my eggs.  I asked again, "Are you done our coffee?"  I got the standard, "Just about." response.  I'm fighting off the urge to have a tantrum but since I know Gord is able to ignore those I won't bother.  Does not mean I don't feel like it, I'm a grumpy girl when I'm a hungry girl.

In spite of what you may be thinking I'm not a spoiled rotten brat, just a brat.  My children assure me there is a difference.  Gord has now gotten up and said something about not wanting to listen to anymore whinning.  I'm sure I don't whine.  But the brat is happy, breakfast will be delivered to me in my comfy chair in a few minutes.  Whew!  That was a close one.

The man is so happy to be serving me he's singing in the kitchen.  Oh life if good.

I had a very successful day yesterday, no out of control moments.  Ate moderately and feel like I'm once again making better choices and moving forward.  We are closing the gap on the main floor rennos, only small jobs to do now.  The clean up was a very intense workout, I sweated.  I have a rule about not sweating but I've discovered if you really want results you may need to sweat.  Rats!  I washed the entire bedroom floor with a wet cloth, it was covered in drywall dust.  Don't like to be on my knees, too painful so I bent over no less than fifty times and washed the floor by hand.  Ouch, oh my goodness, for crying outloud and what the heck is the matter with you women?  All things that came to my mind.  Turns out I still have muscles in the back of my legs and my fanny hurts.  I don't plan to do that again until I get over the pain I'm now feeling.

I find myself getting ready to move as things are getting done.  The thought of leaving this house is not as painful as it was in the beginning.  I think that my journey to get the weight off resembles and parallels our lifestyle change from city mice to country mice.  I'll be needing two farm cats, not a fan of mice. It is time for change, both Gord and I were becoming quite content to sit in our comfy chairs, read, computer, tv, etc.  Basically couch potatoes, and even though that sounds comfortable, it wasn't anymore...for either of us.  So two old houses, that would be us, making some serious changes and hoping it will transform us as wonderfully as tons of work has transformed our new/old farmhouse.

Life is good and breakfast has arrived.  Seriously...I have to go.

My Prayer:  God guide us into a fuller life, one that feeds body, soul, spirit and mind. 

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment