THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sleepy, but Balanced, Head

It's funny how one morning after a very good seven and a half hours of sleep you feel amazing and then another, you feel like you could sleep for at least three or four more.  Weird.  I weighed this morning and I am happily still down 13 pounds.  I felt the rise coming this time and took a needed break from the problem...for me that problem is food.  Ok, I know I'm the problem because, contrary to my belief, the food does not jump from the plate into my mouth.  That one day fast reminded me to continue to walk this journey with a key ingredient...no...not chocolate...balance.  Balance is everything in life and especially in food consumption. 

Todays Question:  "Do you remember to enjoy the process when the changes are hard?"

I am learning too.  I still need to enjoy the foods I eat, I'm choosing to eat less of those foods if they are high in fat and calories.  Once again balance is required.  I can have some of what I love, for me that would be chocolate almonds, if I allow myself two or three as opposed to a whole bag, it's all good.  I really am not an advocate of the nevers....the nevers are way too hard for me.  Never eat chocolate, never eat butter, never eat candy, never eat chips, you can't have just one.  I assure you it is possible to have just one of anything.  Saying I'll never eat something again with my self-indulgent personality does not work.  I needed to recognize that and you may need to as well. 

What works for me may not work for someone else, however, balance is something that works for every one.  Denial, in my experience is very hard for people, especially when it comes to food.  We all need food to survive, most everything else in life we can live without.  It is one of those love hate relationships, love to eat the food, don't love the way the body looks when too much food is eaten. 

I'm still sleeply but I feel like my head is clearing and my relationship is changing with food.  It's been a much needed change and I'm going to continue to balance myself and my choices.

My Prayer:  God help us to enjoy all things as you instruct us, with moderation, not being mastered by anything, but serving you and others in a balanced and healthy way.

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment