THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

When it Fits

This isn't a post about clothes but about horses.  I found one and he fits perfectly.  It has taken a long time, since my perfect Arabian mare, Toga, died two years ago this summer, to find that fit.  I wasn't going to buy a horse but found I was missing riding way more than I thought I would.  I have had a horse since I was six and that few month wait for another was all I could bear.  I bought a horse, Electric, after much prodding from the seller, who was also the boarder for Toga.  I'm not one to be pushed to buy but I gave in because the horse was 'supposed' to be so well trained.  Needless to say he was not, I also discovered that the person I bought him from was not honest on many levels...sad but sometimes when people have something they don't want, they sacrifice character to avoid losing money.  I did pray about it and I did feel to buy him.  I enjoyed riding him but the more I worked him, thinking he was trained, the more distressed he became.  Eventually this poor untrained animal got frustrated and started to do very stupid things...like falling on me.

Todays Question:  "What does this have to do with my weight loss journey?"

I'll tie it in...work with me.  Very long story short, I got a trainer to ride my well trained horse, she assured me was green broke at best, she started working with him and he is becoming a beautifully trained English horse.  I ride western.  The trainer became a close friend both to me and Electric.  God answered me one day when I asked why I felt to buy that horse.  He said; "It was never about you and the horse it was about you and the trainer."  The light went on, our relationship grew while Lindsey trained my horse, I value her greatly, she is a friend who adds to my life and I pray I've added to hers as well.  So I learned that regardless of the horses price, a friend is worth so much more.  You think I'd have known that. 

Now to the perfect fit.  Yesterday my husband, my son, his pretty wife and me, piled into Gord's truck and took the five and a half hour drive to Medicine to see a horse.  One that we all could ride, one more relaxed than the handsome Electric.  He instantly got to all of us.  So beautiful, so much personality and not the least bit...untrained or scary, in spite of having not been ridin for a year.  He fit like those favorite jeans on all three of us.  Chantel is pregnant so she just looked, but she loved him too.  We all knew he was the one.  I'm so grateful, not just for the horse, Grundy is his name, but that the 11 hour drive in one day was not a waste of time.  Thanking Gord, Gordon and Chantel for sacrificing a day to help me find the right fit, and to Dave, Tessa and Zayin for being the dog sitters.  :)

Now for the tie in.  Support!  Yep, that's it.  Having a support system in life is so important.  In any and every area where you need to make changes or decisions.  I cannot imagine how diffcult it would be to enjoy life without people who love you and support you in the struggles and in joys.  Yesterday was about joys, today may be a little tougher.  Regardless of what a day brings forth having people who love and support you is the best fit.  My cup runs over in this area and I pray yours does too.  What I have sowed into my husband, children, friends and loved ones has never failed to reap a harvest because seeds of love always grow more love.  I will learn to sow better seeds into myself...it's a process but I'm going to keep pressing on until...it fits.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Jenny! It meant more to me to read this now than ever before & I know you'll understand why. Your Electric is like our Jessie. We understood her background a little when we "gave in to our emotions"...and the fact that it was Brandon's previous boss (her previous owner) "Steve" - thinking it may influence his future jobs with Steve if we declined his offer of selling her to us. Long story short...we bought her thinking all was going to be good, while Steve didn't tell us the truth in some aspect of Jessie & her training, experience on trails & major disrespect issues....Last Monday night with our trainer Maury Grant, it opened our eyes as to what kind of horse we had gotten & as it turns out we will be selling her. As Maury put it....too much horse for either Dit or I to handle. So we are waiting for that perfect fit for me & a special horse. Sugar will be worked & we'll see if she can be a good fit for Dithmar. Also....we think now that some friends we up to see her & are experienced in foals, Sugar just might show signs of being pregnant as Spring is here, instead of actually being so. About 90% that she may not be in foal. Time will tell & the "Waiting" begins:) We'll keep ya posted. Thanks once again for sharing this blog - soooo helpful & we are rejoicing along with you & your little Grundy:) xoxo WJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy...I'm sad to hear that...trust God will reveal the reasons and that your next horse will be a wonderful blessing to you all. The perfect fit. Life lessons are not always easy to figure out and seldom pleasant at the time but God always works all things together for good and I can't wait to hear what he does for both of you. Love you so much and thanks for always reading my blog and commenting too...it's blesses me and encourages me. :)

    ReplyDelete