THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The New 4 Letter Word

I'm wondering if any of you can guess what that word would be for a women who has so frequently confessed that she struggles with patience.  The word is....WAIT!  Oh it's a dirty little word to me.  Don't want too, don't like too and don't have too...so there.  What a brat I am.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever wish that you could catch a glimpse of why it's so necessary to wait before you actually have to wait?"

Snapshot.  That's a nice word.  I'm just wanting a little peek into why it seems waiting is such a vital part of life.  I'm telling you I don't appreciate the sandwich, London Fog, meal out, etc., anymore because I have to wait for it.  I'd like to walk into Starbucks to find a nice young lady or a nice young man asking me what I'd like.  I tell him/her, they turn around and hand me my drink.  It would taste the same, cost the same and mean the same.  I got what I wanted and I didn't have to wait.  Line up is two word dilly if you ask me and another source of discontent for me.  If I see a line up in a restaurant I usually turn and walk out.  Not even food can change this deep seeded impatient issue I have.  Now you know how serious this is.  (I have waited for family and friends in line-ups...I'm not heartless, just impatient.)

Waiting is something everyone has to do and so many people seem to do it so much better than I.  I'm sitting here trying to think of a time when I enjoyed waiting.  My pregnancies came to mind, but honestly if I could have gotten a healthy baby I'd have bypassed the wait.  Although I do see the value in the nine months of mental and physical preparation.  Have you ever noticed that wait is often accompanied by its close friend do.  As in do move forward in the line, do take a step, do exercise to get the desired body, do eat less to reach the desired weight, do be quiet so someone else can speak, and do share your candies with your brother.  Do your homework for 12 years so you do go up and get your diploma, do your housework so your house is clean.  Please notice you have to do all those things while you wait for the minutes, hours and years to pass to get the results you want.

Do you remember waiting to turn 13, 16, 18 and 21, the landmark years you long for.  Then do you remember, when you hit 30, wondering why you were waiting so anxiously to reach those markers instead of enjoying your youth.  I do!  Isn't it ironic that you wait for 21 years and then after getting all you waited for it turns to dread, not 40, not 50, not 60 and then the pleases begin.  Please Lord let me see 70, then 80, etc.  Oh and don't let me live too long unless I'm in excellent health.  I think I'm figuring out that my real issue is with time.  I'm obviously an eternal being who is temporarily confined by this time thing.  That's the real problem I have with waiting.

So I'm not impatient I'm just destined for greater things with no time constraints.  No line ups cause no one is in a hurry.  No wonder I'm so impatient for heaven.

If you are wondering where in the world this blog came from I'll tell you a sad story, I have to wait for no less than a month to get my new horse because the frost isn't gone from the ground until then.  Isn't that sad...okay maybe a little pitiful as well but whatever.  I wanted to stomp my feet and throw one of those hissy fits when the fence guy told Gord that.  What a moron, I need a fence now so I can have my horse.  I asked Gord why they couldn't just use some big piece of equipment and pound those posts down.  Apparently it doesn't work like that so I have to wait.  #.!:(x#?  I don't know how to do that sweary symbol thing cause I'm not normally a swearing girl.  Dosen't waiting just bring out the worst in me?  Obviously I shouldn't have to wait.

I'm happy to report that although I'm still waiting for all the swelling to go down in my legs, I'm still 13 pounds lighter.  In spite of my impatience I know how blessed I am and in spite of my whining God knows I am nothing but grateful.  I thought of one thing I love waiting for....Jesus.  "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles."  Okay I'm excited to wait for that.

My prayer:  Lord help us all to wait with you, for you and then find our strength to press on in you.  Help us to soar to the heights of eternity regardless of how long the wait.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment