THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Military Ground

Todays Question:  "Have you every seen one of those war movies where the goal is to gain military ground?"

I have.  Not a fan of war movies but this morning I find myself thinking, as I've been stuck at a twelve pound loss for a few days now, that I resemble one of those movies.  My goal is take the beach, the island, or the fortress, and once I've captured whichever one of those places I'm done.  So I've captured the 10 pounds fortress and haven't let go, I've gained and lost a pound or two to maintain that victory, I'm holding down my fort.  The problem, this is a battle that will require 5 forts and a small section of grass.  And, just like in the movies, I want my one taking of Mt. Ten Pounds to be enough.  I won, the end, fifty one pounds lighter Jenny is the hero.  However, real battles involve more than one beach, fortress or island taking.  Real wars have many little victories that add up to a final victory.  And you don't usually win until you subdue the country, or gain military control

You would think that a control freak, such as myself, would get that.  However, I assure you I had not seen my journey as a five parter with grass, I'd seen it as a one parter and honestly that one pound of grass seems so easy to grab after the fifty are gone. 

It would appear that I have to prepare for four more battles now.  What the heckford?  I liked thinking I'd just win the fifty one pound battle and be done.  I did not see this as a five part movie.  I don't even like TV shows where they nail you with the part two to follow surprise.  What if I'm not available for part two, what if I miss it cause I don't have one of those PVR things.  (Hope I got that right.) 

I suppose if I approach this as four ten pound sections, it could seem easier.  I like Polly Anna, she's a nice girl.  I'd really rather start dealing with one ten pound victory at a time...now that I'm thinking about it.  It means I only have eight more pounds to go until I gain another plot of ground, I always wanted an island, one that wouldn't flood of course.  

I'm going to take one battle field at a time.  It's a fresh way to look at this seemingly daunting task. 

My Prayer:  Lord in the same way you instruct us to take one day at a time, help me and anyone else working to gain ground in their lives, to overcome with your help and the guidance of your wonderful Spirit.  We have many battles Lord, in many shapes and sizes, remind us that our victory is in You.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good blog again Jenny. You help me very much in bringing such practical ways of dealing with our battles! I will also take a battle field at a time in my life. Bless your loving heart <3 WJM

    ReplyDelete