THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Coats - New Shoes

Yesterday I had a fabulous day of furniture shopping, clothes, shoes, etc., with my BFF Lucie, we picked up 2nd Cup to shop with, then finished shopping with a fabulous lunch at Joeys.  Now that my friends is a good day.  I bought yet another coat, and yet another pair of shoes, I'd have bought two pairs of shoes but the coat won, the second shoes had to go.  Balance!  Lucie got two fabulous coats, no shoes, she has such control. 

Todays Question:  "What do new coats, shopping and time with your BFF have to do with weight loss?"

Glad you asked, I'll start with the furniture shopping, I discovered that I found the table I want for the farmhouse.  I had to see enough of what I didn't want to be sure.  Weight, I have to feel bad enough carrying all this extra weight around to know that I'm finished with it...it's not what I want anymore.  Trust me on this one, 30 years of packing way too much extra weight around is enough.  Didn't say I was quick to learn did I?

Coats, they are coverings, they warm you in ways that are second only to BFF's like Lucie.  Coats have an amazing ability to make you look 10 pounds lighter, if they are properly designed.  Weight, I had a great design until I thought I could improve it with more.  I assure you more isn't always better but seriously, can you have too many great coats?

Shoes, depending on whether they hurt your feet or not, are a wonderful blessing.  They make your feet look pretty while balancing the weight of the world...so to speak.  My shoes earn their money, the second pair felt great on one foot, not so great on the other thanks to some neurological damage I sustained from some unknown source.  Probably stress from too much extra weight.  I don't know if you appreciate the work your shoes do for you but you should.  Oh and thanks Lucie for making me try the other shoe on or I'd have one more pair of shoes in my closet that I don't wear often cause they hurt my feet.  Yesterday I also discovered that my pretty daughter has learned some things from her mom I'd have rather she hadn't...pain is okay when it comes to shoes as long as they look great.  I'm so sorry Tessa, your dad thinks we are nuts.  What's with guys and shoes that "have" to be comfortable?

And last but certainly not least, best friends remind you that love is and always should be unconditional.  They love you regardless of how much you weigh, how moody you can be, how wrong the things you sometimes say are, etc.  Best friends are one of the best motivators for getting healthy and staying that way.  Do you know why?  I'll tell you why, because best freinds are one of the best reasons to live longer.  They remind you that God has placed someone in the world who gets you...totally gets you.  Do you realize how important it is to have someone like that in your life?  I hope so.  I sure do.  I love my best freind Lucie so much and I can honestly tell you that woman gets me and loves me anyway.  She reminds me of Jesus that girl and I'm so grateful God brought her into my life.  You add a great husband and an amazing family to that and my goodness people...get healthy...life in spite of it's trials is so worth living.

My prayer for you today is that God would bring you, if you don't have one already, a best friend.  The kind that sticks closer than a brother.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment