THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, March 15, 2010

An Experiment in Refocus

I'm going to try a new method for weight measurement, I'm going to change to one weigh in every three or four days as opposed to everyday.  I know I tried it before and it didn't work but this week I'm going to do some things different, if the things I do feel right to me I'd rather not make the focus weight.  I'll tell you what I did different the next time I weigh in.  That way I'm not wasting your time or mine.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you keep doing the same thing expecting to gain a different result?"

I do, especially where my eating habits are concerned.  I have made significant changes since starting this process way back in September.  I'm very happy about those changes.  They were my baby steps but now the baby seems to be content crawling, yes that word best describes my process.  13 pounds in 6 months would be a crawl.  It's time for me to gain some speed, get up from the table and WALK away Jenny...just walk away. 

So today I'm heading off in a new direction and time will tell if I'm going the right way.  I need to refocus and I think that every few months or so that is something we all should spend a little time doing.  I need clarity for this journey and for me that means spending some time with God.  I need to get alone, clear my head, take a long look at what's held me back and get the wisdom I need to go forward.  I love this scripture; James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom let them ask God who gives generously and without reproach."  In this area, and really in so many areas of my life, I lack wisdom.  Nothing to be gained by whinning about that and everything to be gained by asking God to give me the wisdom I need.

So it begins again six months later, I've learned so much in that time, kept the weight off, with a few ups and downs, learned to deny myself the majority of the time without feeling like I did, worn clothes I haven't for a very long time and last but not least, shown myself that I can succeed in this area of my life.  For me that is wonderful news, small victories remind us that we are better at battle than we may think.  I'm not alone in this battle against the bulges, I have more than one, bulge that is. 

My prayer...God guide me to greater freedom in this area and my friends too Lord, regardless of what or how great the battles are in our minds...You are greater.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment