THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, March 5, 2010

Energy Drain

I find myself lacking a very necessary motivator...energy!  I'm tired when I go to bed and tired when I wake up.  I make myself do what must be done but find I'm leaving some things undone, which is so not me.  For example; the day before yesterday I left my kitchen messy, dishes on the counter, dishwasher unloaded, and countertops with junk on them.  I also went to bed with an untidy living room, dare I say it, I didn't even take the cups from the end table to the kitchen, or put my pillows and cushions in order.  Something is seriously wrong with me people, I don't like messes.  Please know I got up the next morning and fixed every problem quickly and effiiciently, I just cannot beleive I left a mess.  Shocking, for those of you who know me well don't panic, I'm sure I'll be okay.  I'm thinking maybe I'm reacting to all the melting snow, apparently it is a bad time for people who have weird allergies.

Todays Question:  "How do you snap yourself out of a no energy state?"

I hope your answer isn't exercise because I did that and I'm still sore.  I will continue to because it takes time I know to get back in shape, I've decided I found the new definition for the term being in shape.  To me it means; whatever form your body has taken on at any given time.  Even rolls have shape you work out experts.  :) 

I think that maybe the last week of sleeping, sitting, reclining and waiting, having my breakfasts made for me, and doing very little other than watching the olympics, did not leave me with much energy when I got home.  I felt very relaxed and well rested when I got back, now I've been home for almost a week and I'm way too tired.  I may need to let my husband know that his surgery is going to cost him, I need a maid, a chef, a room with a tv in it and days where my only requirement is to visit him from 2-4pm and 7-9pm.  And if he could arrange it I'd like the Olympics to last longer, that is the only time I truly enjoy watching sports.  Maybe someone could explain that weird phenomenom to me. 

The good news is that in spite of this energy drain I'm not looking to my normal solution and that has surprised me.  I am not feeding, grazing, munching or snack attacking this problem.  In the past my answer to every problem was food.  No energy, eat chocolate, have sugar.  No strength, you are lacking carbs, try toast, pasta, mashed potatoes, etc.  Sad, ice-cream.  Happy, no restrictions eat what you want, it's a celebration.  Every occasion gave me a reason to eat.  You know the expression, "feed a fever starve a cold" I always mixed them up, so, I fed both.  I really don't like the word starve.  I am very happy I've stopped feeding every emotion, it is another big change for me.

I have gained a pound and for reasons I cannot explain I'm am still swollen.  I'm going to try drinking a bunch of water and some teas.  My body is obviously in slow motion, maybe it's trying to tell me something.  SLOW DOWN!!!!  I should learn to listen.  

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment