THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Excuse Me!

Once again I'm learning, I survived the two days of sickness and I'm feeling much better today. Still fasting but doing fruit and vegtables now so all is well. I confess to being slightly hungry and the thought of a piece of toast is just glorious in my mind at this point, I'm sure it will pass and become a less powerful image in time. I'm wavering between two opinions this morning and here is how things start in my mind.

Doing laundry, almost put some necessary paperwork in with the first load, I say excuse me. Then immediately I ask...

Today's Question: "Did you mean excuse me, or excuses me?"

And I go..huh? And then I start thinking, you are full of excuses. Since that's true, I've got no argument and I realize that is me, I'm going slow because it's better to lose weight slowly, true, but also a great excuse to go slow. Which means I get to eat more and focus less. Excuse me!

I'm keeping the weight off. True, but also a good excuse not to lose more, you are doing so well to keep the weight off, pat my back, pat my back. Excuses me! Yes.

I get way more treats if I eat the same because I weigh the same so why would I change. Oh that's a huge excuses me!

I feel so comfortable in all my clothes now. Excuse me! Was your motivation to feel better in your fat clothes because if it was why isn't this blog called 15 pounds?

People notice I've lost weight. Oh dear! Now what, excuses me, I don't want people noticing my body for goodness sake, that could mean trouble. What a moron. Excuse me indeed!

You get it don't you. I'm full of excuses, no matter which side I'm on. I'm also full of reasons. Reasons why it's so hard for me, look at my genetics, consider I'm menopausal, I've been through alot, I'm going through alot, I don't eat as much as everyone else, my metabolism sucks...oh wait, if it sucks so bad how did you drop 15 pounds? Good question...I have answers but they sound remarkably like excuses. So...

No more excuses, I'm the problem, we all have a truckload of excuses and it's time to dump them. I'm discovering that if you truly want something...you are the only thing standing in your way...so at this point I'll just say...excuse me...I've got a goal to reach.

My Prayer: "Bless us with a no excuses approach to life Lord, so we don't miss all the wonderful things being honest with ourselves can bring."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment