THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Slacker

It's happened to me, it's summer finally and since the weather improved my blogging has not. So sorry. It has not helped me in the least, I've gained a pound. I'd be mad about that but it was two pounds yesterday so no complaints. The accountability factor works for me, if I write that is, I need to work harder to make sure the upward motion of the scale does not continue. Going to three movies in a row over three days did not help.

Todays Question: "Why is that theatre popcorn so hard to resist?"

It hasn't even been that good lately, and still I eat it. I think it's because I'm sitting in the dark and no one can see me. I've never been a person who gets up in the night to eat, or gorges on junk food when no one is around. It would seem at 51 that I've discovered I like dark movie theatres, I guess that defines blind eating. Add to that my deep desire and love for bargains, the free bag of sour patch kids I got with a coupon from my taco kit box...and...ta da...she gains. I did not eat the entire bag of sours, I did eat way more than I should have.

My dislike for cooking has not helped either, I am unable to remember the last meal I cooked, eating out has become the norm. That's not counting breakfast of course, however Sunday morning I had breakfast out too. Oh dear, this is not good and I should be blogging about how happy I am that I did not gain more than I did...Lord knows I should have.

This summer slacker needs to quit it before she adds another year to this two year process of losing 51 pounds. I'm reminded of the man who wanted Jesus to heal him but lacked faith. I think I need to pray the same prayer for all...who like me...are not doing so well beleiving that they can indeed make the needed changes.

"Lord, help us with our unbeleif."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment