THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hungry

Wondering what's on my mind this morning perhaps...food. Have a breakfast meeting at 9:30 and don't want to eat and then eat again. Not good if you want to drop weight. So...since I can't seem to get back to sleep I figure I'll blog...hoping my hunger will subside as I write. I am happy to report I'm still at 15 pounds lighter. This is no small thing to me because I, had the most delicious supper at 9pm...not something I normally do, eating late is a no no. But last night my beautiful Tessa had 4 of her girls, as she calls them, over to our farmhouse kitchen for a cooking night. I was riding my horsey with a freind and when I finished I came in to see how much longer the girls would be before I could lock up and go home to bed. Still not living in the farmhouse, it's weeks away now...not months.

Todays Question: "Do you love it when great things happen that are not planned?"

I sure do. The beautiful ladies let me have some of their cooking delights and I assure you spinach and cheese cannelloni is yummy and beef and cheese cannelloni...also yummy. Can you believe I didn't gain? Shocking to say the least. It must have been the two hours of horse exercise that prevented a gain, we all know it was not the cheese or the afredo sauce covering that yummy supper. I'm sure glad I'm not a chocolate freak or I'd have had to eat their homemade mousse as well. I tasted a tiny bit...not for me too sweet. Good thing they didn't have my favorite dessert...bread. :)

I discovered last night while deep in fabulous conversation with a room full of ladies...all full, that there is a hunger in all of us that cannot be filled with anything other than God. I love that about all five of those exceptional ladies. Each one seeking, desiring and yearning for more, for understanding and for answers. And no one person has the answers, but seeking is crucial and trusting God to bring the answers in His time...most necessary. I learn so much from other people and last night God showed me something amazing. I've seen it before but you know me...I'm always having to relearn things. No two people have the same faith, no two people beleive exactly the same things...and most importantly...no two people are supposed too. God has made each one of us in His image and His image is vast. Seriously, not enough people in the world to find an end to God's creative ability. I LOVE that about HIM!!!!
Truly we are all one of kind. I know some of you may be say thank God for that. :)

So my prayer for all of us today is: "Lord thank you for making us in your image, thank you for wanting a personal relationship with all of us, thank you that personal means...each one of us and You, and that means you love how you made us. Help us all to accept our own uniqueness as readily as you do."

Different is fabulous. Thank you pretty ladies for being so different and so hungry. I loved eating with you and being filled, I'm so happy I got to be hungry with you as well, you spur me on and you make me think. :)

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment: