THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Winner Is?

I did my first contest for Canada Day and I have to say...not so good...but for you Joanna, good news you win two tickets to see a movie. Send me a message with your address. For the rest of you, I'm not sure why you didn't post a one sentence reason you love your country because I know you all do.

So next time I do a contest, more notice and clearer posting.

Which reminds me, I need more notice of changes please God and clearer posting in my life. :)

Todays Question: "Do you ever feel like things are changing and your ready and your not."

If so, you are where I am. I want to move and I want the change it brings, but I'm still hanging on. To what? Not sure anymore, I can feel the resistance but can no longer define it. I know it's happening because I'm constantly comforting myself with sugar treats. Still no end to that, I've declared this to be no sugar Sunday. Yesterday was half a piece of cake and a DQ dipped cone. Oh dear...I'll say it again...oh dear. I have known exactly what I'm doing everytime I say yes to sugar, and here's the worst part....don't care. Such attitude, such defiance, such resistance to change. It would appear that I'm comfortable being lighter, and am not so sure I want to go farther. So I'm holding.

I wonder how long it will take for me to lose my hold on these 15 pounds if I continue with the sugar? I'm guessing not long. So now what? Oh I wish I knew.

My tactic, I think I may have to fast for at least a day, just to remind myself that I won't die if I don't eat. I'll also need the time to pray and think about the answer to the why I'm resisting change again.

Well one thing never changes in my life...I'm slow to change. ;)

My Prayer: "Lord help me, help us, we all struggle with change and feel so uncomfortable about it, and yet we know it's a huge part of moving forward. Once again I'm grateful you are new every morning and the same, yesterday, today and forever."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

And I love this Country because it is where my maker wanted me." Hope you had a wonderful Canada Day!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You said you're doing the draw Sunday night. It's not Sunday night yet. I just caught up on my reading.

    :P

    "(Remember if you read yesterdays blog and post a comment about why you love your country you could win a prize. I'm making the draw on Sunday night.)"

    love, Christan

    P.S. You can beat sugar, I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blasted...I gotta start reading what I write. Ok, you win a movie night with me for being so observant. :) But you better post about why you love Canada before that can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already did! On the Canada Day post!

    Christan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, posted on Sunday night...lol!! We can't all win though, so I will graciously not mention it (does it count if I just did? what are my options here...)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you come to Edmonton and we go for a nice lunch/dinner...my treat. Everybody wins. :)

    ReplyDelete