THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, July 23, 2010

Mini Donuts

It's time for our yearly fair, I liked it so much better when it was called Klondike Days, but Capital Ex is our new name so I should get over it. I plan to go and I just know those silly mini donuts will be begging me, no calling for me, no demanding that I buy them. I'll see the line up and think why bother and I'll walk away, telling myself that I don't need the calories, they are not that good, you don't even like donuts (which is true most of the time) and then all the forces of evil will be at work. I'll pass by another stand and no line up, maybe two people on either side, I can wait that long. Gord will say he wants some and I'll say a confident (ha) go ahead I'm not stopping you. He's bought every single treat he likes for the past 30 plus years so why stop him now. He's like a kid who never got treats, corn dogs, corn on the cob, that cold rootbeer, the mini donuts etc., Oh dear!

Todays Question: "Which is better, avoiding the fair altogether or going full?"

Never thought of that before, eat a nice big healthy lunch or dinner, the kind where you walk away thinking you can't eat another thing for a week and then go to the fair. I have so many "buts" going through my head right now. But you'll miss out on your annual perogie meal. But you won't get any mini donuts, they are not the same at other events. But what if you want that yummy lemonade? But what if this year is the year for new and better treats. Oh the buts!!!!

I'm going to need to make a decision, shall I stay or shall I go. I shoud wear tight pants, that always helps. If I feel fat in what I'm wearing I can't breathe well enough to overeat.

Have you noticed how pitiful I am yet?

My Prayer: "Lord when we don't want to help oursevles, please help us. Knowing what should be done is so much harder than doing it."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. I liked Klondike Days better than Capital Ex too! We went to see the parade, and it had no personality! It was actually rather boring, except for watching the kids' reactions.

    Good luck with resisting the mini-donuts. Would you believe that I'm actually having a good day, sugar-wise? The only sugary thing I've had so far today is one small glass of chocolate milk. I hope I can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete