THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's with the Water?

It's been raining for the last few days and I'm starting to wonder if it will ever stop. Weeks like this one make it easy for me to relate to Noah and grasp, in part, how dreary 40 days and 40 nights of rain must have been. We have a pond on our farm and last night, when the sun broke out for about half an hour, Gord and I walked over to see exactly how much it rained. Our pond could now float any regular sized boat. In contrast, on Saturday we'd have been lucky if we could keep a dingy afloat. So rain, rain, rain, we have a lake. If it continues, we'll have a flood. The water has already reached the tree line and the back fence. Yikes!

Todays Question: "Do you see how too much of anything is not good?"

I'm relating this excess of moisture to my own excesses of course. I've noticed that rainy weather makes me hungry. Not good. I have not gained and I'm happily moving away from my 15 pounds lighter, slowly but moving. I do find that the more it rains the more I want to lay around. Last nights downpour yeilded a small flood in our basement so I got lots of exercise cleaning with my husband from 11pm to midnight...what fun. I resisted the temptation to eat icecream to cheer myself up, the rain is getting to me I confess. My otherwise positive demeanor is being saturated and I'm longing for sunshine. I can't tell you how nice it felt to feel the warmth of the sun for that amazing half hour last night. As a true blue Albertan I am grateful for the rain, but I'm thinking that even the farmers must be praying for sunshine by now. You know you can't bring in a wet crop, it has to be dry. I know these things because I have a farm now. :)

My point. I don't know, my brain is wet, don't expect any great insights from a water logged mind. I wore rubber boots last night to feed my horses and the puddles were great. Rubber boots are good for the soul, especially when they are pink with flowers and a gift from my pretty daughter from her time in Holland. My horse followed me, likely wondering what was wrong with my brain, as a I wondered through puddle after puddle. Oops..did I say puddle, I meant small lake, seriously half way up my rubber boot in places. It was the highlight of my week and felt like a wonderful reward for all this rain. Finally...something positive.

I'm going to work hard not to overfeed my wet head.

My Prayer: "We really need some Alberta sunshine Lord and if you feel so inclined could it please be soon. I'd love to see the rainbows that remind us of your promises and thanks for the sunny walk through the water last night."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day (Sunny please with no chance of showers.)

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to get some rubber boots! Juli had fun splashing in some puddles yesterday. I'm loving this rain. But I do understand that it's a bit much for most people by now ;-)

    ReplyDelete