THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, July 5, 2010

One Week Off

This morning I'm declaring a fast, no less than one day for sure, I seriously need to get a grip and figure out why I'm crashing on this change in eating habits. I'm not starving, I like how I eat, I'm suppose to treat myself once a week and it's turned into once a day, somedays more. Yesterday I declared it no sugar Sunday and did great until I found out Tessa made cupcakes and Dave made yummy white chocolate scones, we went to their house for dinner. How does a girl resist that?

Today's Question: "Am I the only person who thinks if you exercise way more you should eat way more?"

I hope not! We have been working like crazy at the farm to get the fence in, it started on Friday morning and ended on Sunday early evening. We have a collection of sore arms, shoulders, legs, hands, etc., we got our pudding shook by the post hole auger, got scratches from the cedar fence rails, and I got a scratched arm from the post hole auger hitting a rock and throwing me into the side of the garage, it was fun. :) And I"m not kidding, the fence looks amazing, even mixing the concrete was fun...ok Gord mixed it I added the water, you need just the right amount. It seems like the work never ends but the work is enjoyable so we don't mind. Weird hey?

The one week off title? I'm not posting weight for one week. The why answer, I plan to do some fasting and that will mean weight loss, then when I start eating again that will mean gain, so I figure if I fast for a day or two or three, I'll need a day or two or three to get an accurate read. This is not about loosing weight for me, it's about getting a grip and spending some time away from food for some answers. I've found that fasting is a good way to refocus. I'm feeling like this issue is the kind that will only come out with fasting and prayer. ;)

I refuse to go backwards at this point...I refuse to quit. And I'm not just going to keep doing what I"m doing, although the eating plan is good, I'm not sticking to it. Once again the problem is me, I will not be afraid of my own success, so I'll find the answers with God's help and when I do, I'll happily share them with you.

Disclaimer: Please be advised that I intend to write. Please remember I'll be fasting and may say some things I'll regret when I'm not hungry enough to eat my arm. I made the decision last night to fast and this morning I feel like my stomach has caved in, that is of course ridiculous because it should still have half a scone, a cupcake and cheesy pasta and ribs in it. We had a late dinner so no chance of starvation here. Pardon any posts with bad language or rude comments. I think I've covered it all, oh...do not offer to feed me. I'll be on liguids only, so give me drinks, I may be looking for people with the hard stuff so remind me that I can't handle hard stuff. (Kidding, I can totally hande it.) (Kidding, I don't like hard stuff, must be tied in to my thoughts on exercise...that's hard stuff and I don't like it.) If you see Gord, tell him not to buy me ice cream cones from the DQ, and for his sake tell him not to bug me. :)

My Prayer: "Lord you said if any one lacks wisdom we should ask you, so I'm asking for wisdom and the insights I need to go forward, to get free. Help me Lord and others who struggle in anyway to find their answers in You. I'm so glad you are interested in all aspects of our lives."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment