THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Somebody Call 911

I got up at 6:30 am this beautiful Saturday morning, that's not a crisis although it could seem like one. The emergency; I'm thinking I've lost my marbles, gone crazy, nuts, whacko, off my rocker, etc. Not only did I cook supper last night, shock enough, but this morning, I've cleaned the kitchen, cut and washed radishes, boiled eggs, peeled and cut potatos, peeled and cut green onions, and when the potatos and eggs are done cooling, I'm making a potato salad. Oh for goodness sake...what is wrong with me?

Todays Question: "Why 911?"

Well, let me tell you why. I have not been cooking for months, not kidding, months. Not sure why, made the odd salad, used store bought chicken, poured milk in pre-made cereal, mac n cheese, an egg or two and toast, it counts, I've watched other people cook that's been stress free. I have certainly contributed to the econmy in both Beaumont and Edmonton, ok and anywhere else I am where food service facilities can be found. Whatever!

I'm thinking it's not going to be me who needs resuscitation and a medic, it will be Gord, when he gets back from work and sees I've cooked again I can't fathom what manner of shock he may lapse into. Poor man. :)

I'm asking that no one reminds me of this next statement later, I mean no one! It feels good to cook again, I've been reminded that I'm good at it and it's not that hard. Please do not let your family know I wrote that, the image of a hard working wife slaving over the stove for her family must stay firmly burned in their heads. I'm not implying that some dishes don't require more effort and sweat than others, however, cooking for the most part, not very hard, it's not like I had to haul the wood in, get my stove hot and keep the fire burning while I cooked. I just flipped that nob thing on the stove and on came the burner. I'm not hauling water to cook my eggs and potatos in, I"m not raising the chickens or planting those spuds either. Thank God, and all the people who do!

This morning I'm feeling energized, refreshed and ready to use the amazing kitchens I have. I have two...for now. I'd love to chitter but I have potato salad to make, maybe I'll bake some cookies. Oh my gosh call 911 now, this is serious! What if I stay like this?

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

My Prayer for you: "God bless you with the desires of your heart and a passion for your life and talents."

2 comments:

  1. So good & encouraging Jenny ~ you are so sweet! Loving your humour & you often bring a smile to my heart! Way to go in the kitchen too. I wish we lived closer to each other.....I could be your little helper in the kitchen from time to time. We can still compare "Farm & Country-Life Notes", as long as our sweet husbands still bless us with those amazing meals that they seems to whip up so easily:) Have a great w/k!! HUGS ~ WJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could take a hiatus from cooking! Especially when it is not exactly appreciated. Cooking is much more fun when it is not a daily chore.

    ReplyDelete