THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, July 16, 2010

Oh Moderation.

Where does one find the ability to eat moderately when birthdays abound in the month of July. That is todays question.

July is one very busy month for our family, lots of birthdays, those major ones. My husband, three grandchildren, one daughter-in-law and one good friend. Yikes. It's an ice-cream cake, cupcake and fabulous meals extravaganza and I'm not finding it easy to eat moderatly when every meal is followed by dessert. And how many of you know it is just plane rude not to have birthday desserts? Seriously...rude!

I am happy that I'm not overeating, just over sugaring. I'm sadly back up a pound this morning, honestly not surprised. Small piece of icecream cake and shared cupcake, I think the cheesy amazing caneloni was the problem. My daughter is way too good of a cook.

I have no doubt this pound will come off quickly, today promises to be good, no birthdays, at least not ones I'll be eating cake at. My new goal is to get to twenty pounds down by the end of August, just in time to eat my own birthday cake. I need to see that marker so I can celebrate the years journey of this blogging process in September, at least at the halfway mark which would be 25 and one half pounds lighter. It seems doable. :) Wait a minute, once again my math sucks, I think I started this journey at the beginning of September, I'd better get my butt in gear, pun intended, I need to be dropping 10 and a half pounds to reach that. Oh my reach is high.

My Prayer: "Lord I'll be needing your help and I'm sure my friends who have goals and desires to change will too. Let wisdom and moderation be our guide, let us follow well and resist those constant temptations."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment