THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Back

I'll start by saying a resounding...YAHOO! It's Stampede week in Calgary so it seemed appropriate. I'm back to my 15 pounds lighter status and so happy to be back. It's true...absence does make the heart grow fonder. I have yet to fully get a grip, however, I'm no longer without some measure of knocking it off.

Todays Question: "Do you ever wonder how long it takes to actually learn a lesson?"

It would appear that for me, this eating healthier is something I know in my heart but it has yet to manifest itself out in consistant actions. I'm like one of those action figures you buy for your kids that looks amazing on TV but when you buy it, it just sits there, doing nothing. I need the lights, the flying helicopters, the cool set and the exploding cars to go off in my brain so I can spring into action. Seriously...I need that.

At least I'm not 100% without action. I did have two bread filled days but yesterday was better. I do feel like my fast was a success because I got the answers I needed. I may not like that I'm always the problem but it is the truth. At some point I'm going to relalize that I truly want this and then I'm going to go after it with the same intensity that I have in so many other areas of my life. I'm always surprised by how motivated I am to spend time with my children, my husband and my frieds. The things I want I go after in every other regard...except...blasted excepts. :)

I think I'm going to apply a principle from counseling to my eating habits. So often when we are fighting for something or denying something what we are truly doing is avoiding. We don't want to ask ourselves that question; "What's really going on?" So we yell at the people we are closets to, we frustrate our children with emotional outbursts that have nothing to do with them and we treat our co-workers or service workers like garbage. Justifying our actions by measuring theirs when we should be paying attention to our responses. I am often reminded that I only answer for myself. With that in mind I must ask the question; "Hey Jenny...what's up with you and your bad attitude?"

My Prayer: "Lord help us to seek answers and stop looking to blame others for our behaviours that contradict our desires."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment