THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

Oh I love that title.  I love it even more when it happens.  This is my morning so far...slept till 8:00,  got my husband to bring me my laptop and an orange when I felt to write.  Decided to read the new posts on facebook first, that took some time because I had to look at all the cute new pictures my friends had posted. Then I was hungry, asked my husband what was for breakfast, he said no breakfast on Saturdays and I said, eh huh, and in five minutes I was delivered the yummy scrambled eggs on toast special.  The man spoils me and I have to say I absolutely love that about him.  I'm struggling to make myself tell him I only need one piece of buttered toast and one egg scrambled.  He likes to bring me two of each.  Oh the flesh!

I did not gain any weight and so I sit in that familar place I like to call the ten pound downer...again.  I do not plan to report anything less than that ever again...so if you see a pink laptop computer flying over Edmonton and hear a loud scream from the Beaumont area, don't worry, I have a main frame computer as well.

Today Question:  "Do you ever wish that you could just wake up happy everyday?"

I think it may be the sun shining outside my bedroom window, could also be the breakfast in bed, maybe it's just the hope of a new day and the curiosity I always feel about what a day will bring forth.  I love the unknown aspect of each day, don't always love what comes but I always learn something no matter what happens.  It is good to be alive, even better to know that I will live forever.  I think I'm finally starting to figure out that we humans really have nothing to lose, God has paved the way to eternity and thanks to Jesus I can and should relax.  I have a comforter, counselor and guide in the Holy Spirit and on the days when I don't wake up so happy I must be forgetting that.  Lord help me to remember.

Not everyday starts with breakfast in bed and I really don't want it too, it is special because it only happens once in a while.  Not everything we have to deal with in life is good, but I can tell you from way too many bad experiences that if I had to do it all over again I would.  Nothing that has happened to me has not worked out for good, Gods word is true.  My suffering has brought healing to others, God has carried me through more than even I thought I'd live through.  I'm willing to share my pain with others and just like breakfast in bed does not happen every day, I am not suffering everyday.  I am thankful that pain always has a purpose, as unpleasant as it is at the time.  So this morning I rejoice because I'm happy, tommorow I happily report is like every other day...in God's hands.

Be blessed with a wonderfully happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment