THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's not under my Belt.

I am happy to report that I did not gain an ounce after two parties last night, in fact I'm down a quarter of a pound.  I don't count those on paper but I do in my head, especially after I was surrounded by food and found none under my belt this morning.  Praise God.  I am still down eleven pounds and I'm very sorry I forgot to blog yesterday...maybe you didn't notice.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you think prayers for Jenny not to overindulge get answered?"

I can tell you the answer is yes.  Thanks MistE and Wendy, and anyone else who prayed for me when I asked.  I'm surprised by how God answered but so happy this morning that He did.  I had no problem at the first party, it was supper and I was suppose to eat.  I did eat and I did make a healthy choice.  I was satisfied when I left to go to the next party, not overly full.  I call number two the hard party, temptation was every where and I really wanted to give in.  It was a supper party as well, we arrived just in time for dinner.  Gord was very happy about that as he ate two suppers last night and didn't mind a bit.  I however sat downstairs on the couch with Christan, thank God she was there, and since she didn't want to go up stairs because she was full I stayed with her.  Well most of me, my head kept walking up stairs to see what Gord was eating.  Thankfully the prayers were answered and my body never took that journey. 

Party two and the second prayer answered.  Although I managed to sit with Christian and avoid the food upstairs, a "problem" slash "opportunity" presented itself when Christan decided to leave for her dance party.  The problem, she was leaving, the opportunity, she was going upstairs.  My brain was sure some food would be left, I wanted dessert, I never had any at party number one.  I was also hoping some wonderful items may be left out from dinner.  I was almost excited...did I say almost...ooops my bad.  I think I skipped up the stairs but I can't remember, my mind was on the food.  La...la...la...!  I rounded the  corner hoping to see a table full of leftovers...I got a platter of desserts and little bowl of After Eights.  I admit not a horrible sight, but not the smorg I was hoping for.  Another prayer answered. 

I had two small squares, they were not what I wanted.  I didn't get to take the plate of After Eights downstairs, I did get to carry the platter of treats, I didn't really like them so no problem.  It seems God answers prayers with a twist, I still wanted the food, but the food was being shuffled around me, what I got I didn't care for so I never had the opportunity to over do it.  Weird, I thought I'd settle for anything just to overeat, not so my friends not so.  God is good and once again I'm reminded that His moves are so much greater than mine.  I'm so happy to say that the food from the parties is... "not under my belt." 

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

                                          

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things went well! Yay! (And yes, I noticed you didn't blog yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet MistE...is it any wonder I love you sooooo much. :)

    ReplyDelete