THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday and a glimpse of Snow

Unlike most people, other than skiers or snowboarders, I came to BC to find some snow.  As a born and bred Albertan I'm missing it.  This morning I woke up to what is commonly called a skiff.  It's better than nothing and now the sun is shining so it may not last.  I'm grateful for the glimpse of what must be coming soon.

And making the previous sentence my attitude as I wait patiently for weight loss is my goal, remember I have no scale so I can't weigh in, rats!  Didn't that exclamation mark make it "seem" more sincere? 

Todays Question:  "Why is it so hard to be grateful during the slow process of weight loss?"

I am starting to understand why people get their tummies tied.  I mean quick results and the only major complaint is emotional issues.  I've had emotional issues for years, bring it on I say. I find it funny, in that sad kinda way, that people get praise for having their tummies tied and losing weight.  It's like they actually had something to do with it, I mean besides the surgery.  I know that it's the healthier choice if you can't control your eating, I know for the obese it saves their lives.  I'm glad for that.  But it's not a praise worthy task to lose weight when you have your stomach tied is it?  I think that even I could lose weight fast if I went that route, however, I don't qualify, maybe that's why I get annoyed. 

I guess for me success is defined as something I have to work hard for.  The pleasure of succeeding at something you put all the energy, effort and brain power behind, is what makes the victory sweet.  If I had plastic surgery to improve every flaw, in what may seem to most of you to be a perfect face, do I get the credit or does the surgeon?  If I snuck off to Africa where lipo suction is cheap and then came back and blogged of my great weight loss...was it truly my success? 

It seems I'm pondering the honesty factor this morning of how I'm doing.  I may need a reality check.  I did exercise yesterday, walked very fast with speedy gonzalus, aka my husband Gord, for over 20 minutes....outside.  I didn't overindulge, although the veggie burger and salad I had for lunch left me feeling way too full.  I rejected several chocolate bars that I was sure I saw my name on.  I avoided the bakery in Radium altogether, way too many temptations there. I'm working hard to stay focused and doing my very best to avoid that blank zone where I convince myself I don't know what I'm doing. That innocent victum frame of mind so many of us dieters love to embrace.

This morning I'm going to keep working at succeeding, it is work.  There are simple solutions to everything, want a new car, get a loan, want a new outfit without the money, credit cards.  We live in a world where we can get what we want if we have credit. Even weight loss can be purchased, however, I'm going to painstakingly earn these fifty one pounds and "when" I succeed...I'll know I actually earned it.  And I know that in the end that will feel wonderful.

Be blessed with success in everyway.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...Jenny, you've nailed it! What another great blog of process you shared. How true & wise it is when we succeed at all of our efforts. Hang in there....I think we are in for a wintery snowfall soon! Love WJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Wendy..I appreciate your comments and support. :)

    ReplyDelete