THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's About Balance.

It is simple to place blame on the things we do in our lives, it is difficult to put the blame where it belongs, on ourselves.  We lack balance and so when we overdo in any area, we blame the tv, the computer, the fridge, the pantry or the smorgasband of things this world has to offer.  And it's not all about food.

I can waste time doing any number of things, I think the solution is to get that "thing", whatever it may be out of my life.  The problem is not the thing, the problem is me.  I don't motivate myself and so like a good human I blame something or someone else.  I can play silly games on facebook and waste hours, seriously.  Before you judge me to harshly ask yourself, how much time do you waste reading, ooops that's supposed to be good for you isn't it.  However, if you read all night long and neglect the proper rest your body needs, the chores you wanted to get done, or the people who need your attention, what difference does it make.  I mean is it better to play a game and waste time or read and waste time?  For that matter, is it better to watch two or three hours of television and waste time, or is it better to sleep in, loosing two or three hours of daylight.  I think it's about balance.

Todays Question:  "How often do you see something as bad because you enjoy it?"

For me the answer is way too often.  I enjoy playing mindless games after a busy day, so shoot me, I do.  It helps me to unwind.  I enjoy Monday night television, I like House and Lie to Me.  I don't watch too many other shows at night cause nothing grabs my interest.  Once my day is done, my dinner is cook, the mess is cleaned, I'm ready to relax and unwind.  I need me time.  That can be soaking in the tub, playing a game, reading, tv, horsey riding, etc.  It does not matter what method I use to unwind, it matters that I keep them balanced.  It matters that I have my priorities straight, when I lose site of that I've got a problem.

Right now my priority is getting this extra weight off, it does not consume the majority of my time, but it is a constant.  I have not forsaken other priorities to obtain it, I still have a household to run, counseling to do, details to take care of.  I'm still chief cook and bottle washer, still mom, still grandma, still a friend and still a wife.  Not facebook, the TV, the tub, the radio, the books, the games or the couch, causes me to forget that.  Not one of those things has priority over the people in my life, or the tasks I need to do.  They are great tools for putting off tasks for a time, but sooner or later I'll have to get back to them.  Unless I lose something more important than weight...that would be balance. 

So my goal is to stay balanced in all things, you decide if it should be your goal as well.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment