THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I love Snow.

Finally on this 21st day of November, 2009, I get to see snow.  It's not a full blanket of refreshing white powder, but it's enough to make me smile.  I'm a born Albertan and I love the snow.  I think it is one of the most beautiful sights, equally as pretty as the chaning leaves in the fall.  Remarkable.

Todays Question:  "Have you ever pondered all the ways that snow is like Jesus?"

I have and these are my thoughts:

1.  The blanket of white brightens the dark leftovers of fall, the brown grass, the dead leaves, the barren trees.  It reminds me of how wonderfully clean we have been washed by the blood of Christ.

2.  I am also reminded that some ugly things are hidden under the snow.  On many days thats me, all white and shinning on the outside but dark and dead on the inside.  Not everyday thank God, but somedays that is how I feel, and I'm still covered.

3.  The weight of snow, did you guess how that relates to my blog?  Looks light and fluffy and easy to lift but once you start digging it weighs a ton.  :)

4.  The combination of snow flakes and street lights at night is one of the most beautiful things in the world.  I actaully like to go for walks when that happens.  Remember walking is exercise.

5.  No matter how big or small the snowflakes are they fall gently.  That reminds me of God's love for us and His discipline, it falls ever so gently on us.

6.  I love the inner warmth that I feel whenever it snows.  The furnace in my house runs and I look outside at the snow falling and I feel safe and secure.  We are secure in Christ.

7.  People act better in the winter, okay maybe not the drivers, but everyone else seems to mellow out.  Its a time to be at home, stay warm, reflect and get ready for Christmas.  It's wonderful, just like Jesus.

I could go on for a really long time but I'll stop now.  Winter is my favortie season and I'm not even an avid skier or snowboarder.  I'm so glad the snow has come. 

I pray that this winter you look at the snow as it falls gently and remember all the ways that God has covered us in His Son.  We are blanketed by His warmth and love, we have been washed as white as snow, it is amazing and I'm so grateful.

Knowing that makes me feel like I can do anything I put my mind too and I will succeed.  Is it any wonder I love the snow?  Look out eleven pounds here I come.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment