THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, November 20, 2009

Outward Appearances

I'm gaining ground, as opposed to weight, and I'm back down to that ten pound loss.  I'd tell you how many times I've visited this marker but I can't remember.  So here is to hoping I will soon leave the fourty plus pounds to lose and enter the thirty somethings....even thirty nine sounds heavenly. 

I'm so glad to report that I've spent the last couple of days in control, I thought with my parents here I would give in to the smell of bacon cooking and my mom's wonderful pancakes, eggs, etc.  Pretty much anything my mom makes for breakfast is good.  I ate my fruit and my bran bar, and I didn't give in at all, not even when we went to the Red Lobster for lunch.  Remarkable, no one is more surprised than I am. 

Todays Question:  "Can I remember the last two days and turn them into months?"

God knows, I hope so.

I got a wonderful note from a beautiful friend of mine about her food struggles, she talked about her battles to resist.  I have the same battles, however, we are both very good at fasting.  My friend, MistE, is slim and beautiful, I've never once seen her with extra weight on, even when she was pregnant it was all baby.  I'm baffled by the fact that she even struggles with food, I'm almost certain that if I could eat whatever I wanted to and stay slim well, let me just say...oink, oink and get outta my way.  We both are able to say no to food altogether and with ease to fast, no options, no struggle.  The fast ends and the struggle begins, I wish I could make sense out of that.  I'm sure MistE does too.  I can't and so we have both decided to take one day at a time and to seek God's help.  We trust His faithfulness, I'm not so sure about mine.

It was a very timely note from my friend, I needed to realize that it's not only difficult for heavy people to eat right, it is equally as difficult for slim people.  And a body that is fed poorly, skinny or fat, will develop a host of physical ailments.  I'm tired of feeling bad, I'm tired of carrying extra weight.  What I learned is that even slim people can feel the heaviness of over-eating.  No matter what you look like on the outside it is the inner workings of the body that determine how you feel. 

I found something in that note I didn't realize I needed, it was truth.  I will no longer look at slim people and assume all is well, simply because they are slim.  It is not the case, I'm sure I knew that in my head but it hadn't penetrated the inward parts of my heart yet.  I was too busy being jealous I wasn't slim and for that, I'm truly sorry. 

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment