THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

When I get to Sunday.

It is such a good feeling to wake up Sunday morning, weigh in and find I'm still down eleven pounds.  My fellow dieters, change your life stylers or eat healthiers, know what I'm talking about.  The weekends are hard nuts to crack.  They are tough cookies to crumble, and they can get hot enough to cook an egg on.  I think I'm hungry and it's time for my husband to make me my Sunday breakfast. 

Todays Question:  "Do you love and hate the weekends when it comes to food?"

I sure do.  I find that weekdays are for serious business, work, school, counseling, writing, chores and running around.  My focus is on tasks, on the weekends it's on fun stuff, which always includes food.  Don't get me wrong I love the weekends in every other way, they are for parties, family time, movies, grandkids, friends and last but certainly not least...Jesus!   I mean I really love the weekends, I just hate that I often rest from watching what I eat.   I need to remember that Sundays always remind me of what truly matters in life. 

I don't want you to spend too much of your precious Sunday reading, but I do want you to know that no matter how your week or weekend was, we have a God who loves us beyond compare.  A God who is pleased with us no matter how much we weigh, exercise, work, play or simply be.  He loves us perfectly because He sees us through the lense of His son Jesus Christ.  I am so blessed by that fact...so blessed.  I pray this morning that you know the UNCONDITIONAL love of God in a powerful way.  I pray you know that you are and always will be His hearts desire.  I pray that when you get to Sunday you would find your rest in Him and remember you are not saved by works but by grace.  I always need to remember that and stay balanced.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment