THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm hungry...I'm hungry!

I keep thinking that I shouldn't be hungry and yet I am.  I'm not starving, the scale has confirmed that but I have this hunger. 

Yesterday I got a phone call from a very nice young man, he married my son-in-laws wonderful sister Maura.  His name is Scott.  He called to ask me if I wanted to be a part of the biggest loser support group they were starting at church to help each other with weight loss.  I didn't feel to join, I did feel to explain myself.  During our conversation I shared with Scott that I'm feeling lost, I long for something I can't seem to find.  It has to do with hunger, just not the kind that requires eating.  I need that food to eat that Jesus spoke of.  The kind his disciples couldn't bring him.  The kind that fills the void in the pit of your stomach.  I need spiritual food.

Todays Question:  "Where do I find the food that won't leave me hungry?"

I wish I had the answer.  I discovered with Scott that he didn't call to invite me to join a group, he called because God wanted to show me through this wise young man, that I am looking for a meal that will leave me satisfied.  I  looked to be filled by the things of this world and try as I may to give them value, they are worthless.  No matter how much I have, be it food or things, I'm never satisfied.  I keep looking for something else to fill this hunger.  It's not working and I'm too daft to figure that out so I keep trying. God help me.

And there is my answer.  I need to put myself at the well, I'm looking at the solution but I'm not seeing and I'm not hearing what He was trying to tell His disciples.  I need to get the puzzled look off my face and ask Him where I can get the food he spoke about.  Even as I write I know the answer He'd give me, "Do my Father's work Jenny and you will be filled.  Put your focus on what really matters and you will never feel hunger again."  It is so hard to write this, once again I'm reminded that the problem is me and the solution is me.  Oh Lord, help "me".

I long for something but I don't want to earn it.  I desire fullfillment, don't pursue it.  If I ran to God like I do to the sample tables at Costco, I would be filled.  I want more...inwardly and to the depths of my soul, I want more.  I'm tired of being hungry.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled...

    ReplyDelete