THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, November 23, 2009

Change is Good

I wish I could say that the scale is changing, it didn't, but that is one of those good/bad things, it didn't go up, it didn't go down.  I changed though, so that is good, this time, I'm sure someone out there could think of a way I changed that may not have been so good. 

I am feeling so much better about this process, I'm waiting for the scale to reflect it and I know that will come if I continue.  I'm still eating what I want for those of you who wonder about my choices.  I've put nothing off limits and made moderation the key.  I am a very healthy eater for the record so I'm avoiding junk and fast foods.  I have had a filet of fish from McDonalds once or twice over the past 80 plus days, I'm not concerned about that.  If I want a dessert I choose it wisely, except for those blasted little chocolate bars from Halloween.  I'm happy to report those are long gone.

Todays Question:  "Why did I go on so many diets that restricted what I could eat?"

I have to tell you I hated every one, some were better than others but really, I need to make my own choices and I need to control that, not someone else.  It does work for others and I'm happy for them, my journey has taught me that it does not work for me.  As soon as I'm told I can't have something that is precisely what I want.  With a passion!

The hardest part of this process has been making the right choices, quantity not quality is my issue.  I want too much of those good things, and isn't that just a perfect picture of what life can become if we are not careful.  All about how much as opposed to how wise, the greed versus the need.  Why do I give in to that so much?  I'm going to find the answer to that question.  I'll get back to you when I do.

It would appear that I am still feeding the flesh and not listening to the Spirit.  I have got to learn to be content.  And that means to truly see and be happy with what I "have" and stop focusing on what I don't.  I see how truly blessed I am with my husband, my children, my friends and my home, remarkable gifts.  I missed what a blessing it is to have food to choose from.  You'd think after a trip to Africa to feed the poor I'd have gotten that wouldn't you?  You see my freinds...change is good.

Be blessed with a wonderful and content day.

No comments:

Post a Comment