THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, November 19, 2009

If anyone lacks Wisdom...

Let them ask God.  That's what I'm doing...lacking wisdom and asking God.  I am down a pound, that's good, although I really didn't want to report it.  It seems like I'm repeating myself, probably because I am.  I've already lost that pound and I had to lose it again. So you can easily see now why I feel like I lack wisdom.

Todays Question:  "Does it make sense to keep gaining and losing the same pounds over and over again?"

Wisdom screams out that there is only one answer to that question and it is a resounding no!  I get that, but I keep gaining those pounds back, so I have to keep re-losing them.  Isn't that the most ridiculous thing about weight loss.  At least it is for me.  My mom and dad are here for a visit and yesterday my mom mentioned that she has lost and gained the same pounds for years.  She only has 30 pounds to lose but she's been up and down with those for most of her life.  I found myself thinking, great, it's hereditary.  Then I found myself thinking, "GREAT" I have the excuse I was looking for and someone to blame.  Remember, I want someone or something to blame for my weight struggles, I so want to be an innocent victum. 

And then we come back to wisdom.  I either have to quit asking God for it, or I have to start listening to the answers He gives.  He keeps telling me I'm the problem.  Have you ever noticed that you don't seem to move on from your problem, until you face it.  Have you ever noticed that you don't change a problem until you work it out?  Do you know the answers like I do and fail to act on them?  I want a different answer to this weight loss battle, one that does not involve exercise or eating less.  Hello...that's the only answer, since my prayers for a better metabolism have yet to manifest. 

I lack wisdom, I'm asking God.  He is generous and willing to help me.  I find myself not wanting to ask.  I pray in the morning and at night, but do I want to ask for his help when I'm looking down the barrel of a loaded dessert tray.  Not so much.  How about those second helpings, if I keep moving toward them and don't ask God for help, I can eat them.  Yum.  I can't even whisper a prayer when I'm standing in front of loaf of bread for crying out loud.  I mean you can make toast with bread.  Seriously, I have issues.

I'm seeking wisdom, I'm asking God.  I think I'm going to have to start praying like my life depends on it when I'm sitting, standing or walking in any direction that could lead to food.  I hope no one brings me breakfast in bed.  :)

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment