THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Amazing.

I lost a pound and I crossed the ten pound barrier!  Now the challenge is to stay in the double digits as far as weight loss goes and not to revisit that ten pound marker again....please Lord.  I have a Christmas party this weekend and a birthday dinner so I'll be needing to keep a clear head.  My plan is to tie my hands together and crazy glue my mouth shut.  That should work.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you think it's good to be beleiving you'll fail before you even start?"

I know the answer is...NO!  I think that after so many years of not doing so well at these food events, let's face it that's what they are, I'm what the law would call a "repeat offender".  I'm going to have to exercise a part of me that is extrememly out of shape this weekend.  That would be my "self-control".  I'd rather climb fifty flights of stairs, it's easier. 

I'm hoping that talking with you about it before the events start, will enable me to stay focused.  I need to remember that I have to face the scale after the parties, not before.  I have a great memory 90% of the time but when it comes to food I like to forget what I ate.  You know I only ate 4 little shrimps, two cheese balls, one or two chocolates, or was it ten?  In reality I remember every treat I stuff in my face,  what I'm wanting is a  "selective" memory, you know the kind of memory that dosen't exist. 

I am going to stay focused, please pray.  I am going to try things, in moderation.  I am going to remember that I truly want to lose fifty one pounds.  I am going to remember that I finally left the ten pound zone.  I'm going to remember how good that feels.  I am going to succeed!

I pray God blesses you all with a wonderful day filled with success.


                                        Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Remember..."slow & steady wins the race" I am praying for you Jenny!! <3 WJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on numero 11!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete