THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Concentrate On What Is Lovely

I can't tell you how many times I've had to remind myself that God instructs all of us to concentrate on that which is true, honest, just and lovely.  Phillipians 4:8 reminds us that when we focus in on these things we will be much better off.  Isn't too difficult to figure out why so I won't explain.

Todays Questions:  "Do you think that concentrating on those things means pretending all is well?"

I hope not.  I can see what is true, lovely, honest and just, even when I observe things that are not so lovely.  A desire for the truth inspires me to search out what is good about it, to look harder, or at least it should.  I know my flaws and I'm sure you do to, but do you realize that even a flawed diamond is beautiful.  When I got my 25th Anniversary bling I thought it was perfect.  I picked it out so it should have been, I'm color blind and can usually see the flaws in diamonds that people who are not color blind can't see.  I proudly displayed my bling for all the world to see.  I mean I earned that rock after 25 years of marriage, in hind sight I should have bought Gord some bling, his would be a two carat, he's way nicer than I am.  During a visit to Didsbury my niece Amy was checking out my bling, she said, "Auntie Jen what are those little black dots."  I assured her my ring was flawless and she seemed happy with that.  Or did I?  On the way back home I took off my glasses and to my surprise, there were a couple tiny little black dots.  Why the heck didn't I see those when I was scoping out that diamond? 

Let's go back to the scripture I quoted.  "...whatsoever things are lovely."  Yep, I was stuck in lovely land and I missed what was true.  You see all four points work together.  Something can be lovely with flaws.  My 25th Wedding Anniversary diamond has flaws.  Guess what?  So do I, oops so do we.  So we are the perfect match.  I get so many compliments on my ring and no matter how often people say it's beautiful I think about those little flaws.  Funny how that relates to how I see myself and maybe how you see yourself.  Someone tells you how pretty your eyes are and you say, "You are far enough away not to see how many wrinkles I have.  You look like you've lost weight, you answer; "Are you kidding, I've gained."  Oh I love your hair it's so thick and beautiful, your response; "It's the only thing good about me."  I love this one because it's the best compliment I ever received.  "You are the prettiest mom I've ever met."  I said thank you, but in my head I'm thinking.  "This girl hasn't met very many mothers."  And thanks for that compliment Niki it really did make my day.  :)

So here's my point, and what I pray you receive from this blog, you are lovely and that is true, you can be honest with yourself about the outward appearances and still be lovely.  You can tell the truth about your struggles with weight or whatever your issue is and still be lovely.  You can honestly accept who you are now and decide if you want to stay that way.  You see my friends God is very honest, very lovely and His word is the absolute truth, He is just.  And when He sees you...well...He just smiles.  No matter how much you struggle you are so lovely and so precious in His sight.  I have to focus on that because it is true.  God loves me and if the creator off all things loves me why shouldn't I.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment