THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Huh!

It seems I don't think as clearly in the afternoon as I do in the morning.  I'm sitting in my comfy chair trying to come up with some inspiring words of wisdom and I can't even come up with a title.  Huh!  Seems to define how I'm feeling, it's better then arghh! 

I'm surprised and happy to report that even after going out for dinner and movie with Lucie and Henry last night...so fun...I didn't gain a pound.  I even had popcorn.  Shocked and amazed...but...happy!  I'm now back to where I was  before I took a vacation.  One day I'm going to go away and come back lighter.  I'm thinking I'll need to plan a mountain climb or a two week stent on a desserted island...oops I meant deserted.  ;) 

I have been way more active lately and I am finding that I have so much more energy.  Sometimes those people who say...are actually right.  So this time "they" knew what they were talking about.  I'm glad.  My plan is to keep moving by doing things that don't make me crazy bored...like treadmills and videos.  I need to make my exercise fit into my lifestyle and that is working best for me.  I park farther away and walk, I dance at random moments and I go work at the farmhouse when I need a harder workout.  Gord would tell you I need to do that more often.  Baby steps my dear...baby steps.

I can't say this is easy but I can say it's doable.  I'm not angry about making better choices anymore...I realize I made this chubby body and I'll have to change it.  I don't feel like I'm starving or going without...I'm allowing myself to have what I truly want...I"m still surprised by what I want when I take the time to think and sometimes, pray about it.  The hardest part about the whole process is allowing myself to change and not fear my own success.  The emotional side is truly my greatest struggle when it comes to food.  Everytime I get bothered or stressed I want to eat...I'm learning to ignore that voice...not perfect yet but learning. 

Todays Question:  "Have you let your emotions rule your diet?"

I have and I'm looking forward to the day when I can say I don't do that anymore.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment