THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Two Days Worth

What I wrote yesterday and didn't finish;
I didn't feel to write this morning but now that the day is almost over I'm ready.  My thoughts remind me of a bingo game, moving from under the B to under the O's at a rapid rate, don't forget the changing numbers.  I'd say that reminds me of the scale but this morning it was sitting at the same 11 pounds lighter.  Good news but I was hoping I'd get rid of those two leftover pounds from Christmas faster.  I'm really not a big fan of leftovers.  Unless they are edible of course.

I find myself looking forward to the changes I know this year will bring, new house, new baby coming from Chantel and Gordon, grandchild number six, new clients to see and new trips to take.  So many good things ahead and those unknown, well I pray they would be excellent teachers whether the lessons are hard or easy.

What I wrote today;

I killed the battery on my electric car tying to finish this blog yesterday while my grandson Zayin slept in the car.  I didn't want to wake him or leave him alone so I sat and wrote with the car running and the garage door open.

Yesterday and Todays Question:  "How did I kill the battery if the car was running?"

Good question.  I shut it off from time to time to ensure that we didn't die from carbon minoxide inhalation....yes the door to the garage was open.  Call me a little paranoid and I won't argue.  One more question, what happens when a hybrid car battery dies?  No clue whatsoever. 

So this blog is a blend of two days and isn't it remarkable how my last point written yesterday was about the unknowns teaching me something.  I didn't even plan that, let's be honest here I didn't even think of it until this morning, little slow to learn I'd say but at least I got it eventually.

So the unknown did teach me something, do not leave the stereo, heater, lights etc., on in your hybrid car while your grandchild is sleeping.  Do not be paranoid and if you are then at least completely shut the car off, that way your battery won't die.  My reasons were good, didn't want to wake, kill or freeze the sleeping baby.   Now I'm praying for a miracle, please God let my car just start this morning cause I forgot to tell Gord what I did yesterday.  I'm looking for the battery that recharges itself.  I'll let you know how that goes.  ;)

And speaking of recharging things...I'm still sitting at eleven pounds lighter but after Tessa's amazing cannelloni last night I'm so happy I'm not reporting a gain.  She must have some Italian in her, lucky for us. 

I truly am learning from the unknowns and I really am looking forward to what is ahead, I pray you are too. 

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment