THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, January 25, 2010

Possiblities

One of my favorite scriptures is, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  And that means my possibilites are endless and when I run out of strength He is more than willing to equip me with more.   I need that strength on a very regular basis.

Todays Question:  "Do you feel as frustrated as I do by how long results can take?"

I know why things are moving slow regarding my weight loss and I still get frustrated.  As usual I'm the problem.  What is the deal?  I want results and my desire is genuine, being fifty one pounds lighter is something I'm really looking forward too, I'm even trying to imagine myself slimmer.  It's taking a great deal of immagination for me to do that since I haven't seen a slimmer me for twenty years. 

I've been thinking about inviting you all to my pity party, it's being held in my living room at this moment and I'm calling it, "I'm not eating like a piggy so why do I weigh as much as one ready for market."  Great title don't you think?  :)  I can't give you anything good to eat, like chocolate or cookies but I will share my fruit and vegetables with you.

On days like today I really need that strength from Jesus, I need to remember that I "can" do all things with His help, I don't have to quit because I'm tired of how long the journey is taking.  I know how truly blessed I am to be able to make choices about what not to eat, others in this world would love to have my "struggle."  Oh I'm a pitiful case, can you hear the violins in the background? Rest assured my friends, with God's help, I'll get to my goal and I will not quit...no matter how I feel.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone, Jenny! It will pay off soon...God is our strength & wisdom. We are learning along with you & look so forward to reading your heart each day. Keep it up, dear friend - it will be worth it all, someday!
    Love you; WJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy...it's good to know I have people walking the same path. Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete