THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where Does it Go?

I'm another pound lighter today and it's good to see the scale making it's way back but I'm wondering where that weight goes.  I mean is it flushed out, so to speak, or does it slowly come out of my pores.  Maybe it gets sweated out when I paint for an hour.  Not 100% sure how that works but it is fascinating, since I know exactly where the weight comes from.  It's sure more fun putting those pounds on than it is taking them off. 

Todays Question:  "Why is it so much fun to sin?"

I wonder about that sometimes, if it wasn't easier to lie to someone than it was to tell them the truth would anyone be dishonest?  I mean who wants to hear the truth about their weight?  I know it that's for sure, just don't want to hear it.  We lie to spare someone's feelings and maybe a good dose of honesty is just what they need.  I said maybe!

I overeat and I know I'm being a glutton but that sin is just so darn satisfying.  I'm being honest right now.  I loved eating those yummy chicken wings, yam fries and cocunut shrimp.  I'd have ate more if Tessa or Chantel had said do it.  I'm such a easy mark that way.

If there were no consequences for my sin I'm afraid I'd just eat myself silly.  Lie my face off to avoid the truth and keep all my tax money to spend on my pleasure.  Can you tell it's tax time?  :)  I'm a hardened sinner my friends, it's sad I know but it's true. 

Good news, I have an amazing Saviour who sees my weakness, strengthens me and compels me with His love to press on, in spite of my desires to fall into sin.  I mean that George Clooney is one good looking man, fortunately my love for my husband and my desire to please God keep me faithful.  Okay maybe George wouldn't be interested....I said maybe.  ;) 

I'm so grateful this morning that God reminds me truth is the ticket to my freedom, truth in the innermost parts.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment