THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Revenge is Kinda Sweet

I always thought that if my husband ate better then I would too.  Wrong!  Turns out that when he has to lose weight, ten pounds for his upcoming surgery, I want to eat whatever I want.  I shouldn't be surprised by that but I am.  I think maybe I'm a little bit of revenge girl, I've been on way too many diets to count, fasted for both health and spiritual reasons and watched my husband scarf down whatever he wanted in front of me. 

Todays Question:  "Do you know how hard it is to be eating fruit and vegetables beside someone whose eating pie and icecream?"

I do.  Gord eats whatever he wants most of the time, his sandwiches make mine look like bread with lettuce, oh wait, that's what they are.  He eats a huge meal and then in an hour or two needs a bowl of cereal so he dosen't starve.  So maybe, just maybe I'm a little annoyed by that...or jealous.  He's only got ten pounds to lose, not fifty one.

I have been very fair never expecting him to eat like I chose too.  But you should see his face when I'm eating something he now can't have.  He looks at me like I'm Benedict Arnold or someone like him.  Turncoat, trader, bad wife and a host of other things I'm sure I read on his face.  I even told him the other day that I may have forty one pounds to lose but it can happen in my time, it's not Dr's orders.  So there!  I didn't say that part but he got the message.  :)

I should be feeling really bad that Gord has to lose ten pounds...I'm not.  Does that make me a horrible person?  Maybe, but after years of watching him eat while I'm always, "watching what I eat", I'm feeling a little justified, a little more understood.  It's good to know that others understand what you go through.  I'm helping him by cooking healthier meals and buying him good snacks, I'm not all bad.  I just hope he gains some understanding for my struggle with weight while he's losing those ten pounds.  A little compassion goes along way baby.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment