THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Four Down One to Go

I'm down another pound today and so happy to report that I only have one pound to lose and the evidence from my Victoria trip is destroyed.  The evidence of my over-eating of course, not at all reflecting on the wonderful time I had there with Tessa and Chantel.  Yipee!!!! 

It's not fun losing the weight I've already shed...once again, but it's rewarding to know that when I mess up I can fix it.  I need to remember that and to take that with me when I reach my goal and stop blogging.  I've said it a hundred times over the years, I'll take the weight off now before it gets worse.  Let me assure that the evidence speaks louder than the words I spoke.  I let it get worse everytime and never deal with it when I should.  Five extra pounds becomes 10, then 20 and I'm convincing myself that it's only 20 pounds, I can drop that easily.  Liar, liar pants on fire, comes to mind.

Todays Question:  "Why does it take me so long to learn from my mistakes."

I wish I had the answer, I do however know what the problem is, or should I say who?  It's not polite to point...even at yourself.  I do the same thing in other areas of my life but because they are so much easier to clean up I put things off.  Like ironing for example, I hate ironing but I love the look of an ironed dress shirt on my handsome husband...so iron I must.  If I iron a few shirts a week, no backlog, I leave it until I have to iron twenty at a time, sometimes more.  Everytime I say I'm going to do it more often...not!  I wish that I could fix these years of lying to myself about how quickly I take off the extra weight, in the same few hours it takes me to catch up on the ironing.  Oh if wishes were smarties beggars would be all jacked up on sugar coated chocolate.

Enough wishful thinking and back to my reality...four pounds lighter since my return from Victoria and one to go.  I am happy that so far I'm doing what I said, dropping the weight I gained in the same amount of time it took to gain it.  My dad used to say, "Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back."  I won't Dad...but I am smiling because I have done what I said I would do and that makes me very happy.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment