THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, January 18, 2010

This Is What I did.

I'm home and I'm happy, I've weighed and I'm not so happy.  So.  Let's concentrate on what's lovely this morning shall we.  I exercised every single day while I was on my  three and a half day vacation.  I have not walked that much since I went to Europe three years ago.  For those of you who think that you can walk away a massive amount of food consumed daily, I'm here to tell you that is not true.  However, I cannot imagine how much heavier I'd be if I hadn't walk.  Hello!

Today's Question:  "How much weight can you gain in four full days?"

In my case.  Five pounds.  This is the part where I would like to swear, yell stomp and have a hissy fit, but, it's not like someone forced me to eat.  Although I'm holding Chantel and Tessa slightly responsible for the one supper that was purchased at the chocolate store, and the one lunch at the chocolate and icecream store.  A brownie for supper and a banana spilt for lunch.  Honestly I'd have rather ate a loaf of bread, but it was fun doing something that was outside the normal.  And that is a perfect description of how I ate this weekend...outside of what is normal.  The price has been paid, it's a new day, the holiday is over and boy was it fun.

So now what?  I begin again.  I'm not a big fan of having to lose those five pounds previously lost, but I was sure a fan of those honey garlic wings, yam fries and cocunut shrimp we had for supper twice because they were so amazing.  Did I mention we had a huge breakfast every morning and that we never missed a single meal, or snack for that matter.  Victoria is full of amazing restaurants and chocolate shops.  Oh and something, maybe the ocean air, turned me into a carnavour again.  I usually am a lacto ovo fish eating vegetarian.  It seems I went away for a few days and left everything at home.  Now I've come home with the evidence.  Oh dear!

Five pounds included I had a wonderful time and it is now time for me to get back to reality.  I really wanted to beleive that I was European for those few days, dipping those yam fries in mayo sauce and eating whatever I wanted cause I would walk it off.  Turns out I'm a Canadian to the core. I'm thinking a three day fast would be a good idea but I'm way too hungry for that.  Maybe a day or two of moderate eating will help.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment