THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spending It On My Pleasures - Part Two

I told you yesterdays blog was a two parter and now for the worst part.  James 4:3  "When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."  Oh I tell you part one was way easier to handle than part two.  I love that I have not because I ask not, it's so great to quote that scripture when I want something.  I just ask and ask.  I never stop to consider that when I don't get what I want it's because I have wrong motives and I'm looking to spend what I get on my pleasures.  The word selfish comes to mind.

Todays Question:  "Does anyone know why?"

I do.  It's because I am selfish.  This is getting ugly.  So now what?  I need to weigh something other than my body once a day...my heart and my motives.  At this point I think they are heavier than my body and I assure you I'm no light weight.  I am asking God to make me skinny, asking him to help me make better choices while I eat those extra treats.  If He gave me what I truly wanted what would it be?  Answer, it would be a skinny body in spite of what I feed it.  A healthy body regardless of how I abuse it and a beautifully firm and toned body without the exercise.  Oh I'm asking you God please give me that. 

I hear His answer.  "You ask and you do not receive my child because you ask with wrong motives so that you may spend it on your pleasure."  (My version.) 

My point, God does not bless bad behaviour, never has.  God lets me decide what my body will look like and feel like based on what I do or don't do to it.  I have no one to blame but myself and yes I could find thousands of people who eat way more than I do and are skinny, but they are not me.  I can grumble and complain because I don't have Joe Blows metabolism, I can whine about my lack of energy, that's why I don't exercise.  Did someone say exercise gives you energy?  If so, be quiet, I wasn't really asking.  ;) 

I want the pleasure of being fit without the work.  I need the results without the effort Lord, I want beauty that is outward, couldn't my insides just be ugly.  I'm happy to be fat on the inside if I look slim on the outside.  I'm asking...I'm asking and my motives are wrong...I want pleasure.  Pure and simple pleasure.

I'm truly happy that God is interested in my entire being, truly happy that He won't answer my foolish prayers.  I'm rejoicing that He knows the motives of my heart and tells me flat out, you don't receive because your motives are wrong.  Yikes!  He's right...no surprise...I'm wrong.  I'm all about pleasure and that is something that should come after the work is done.  So my friends to work I go asking God to help me not to be selfish and not to seek results without effort....I shall truly reap what I sow.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment