THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Turns Out I Have Stomach Muscles

Who knew?  Not me that's for sure but this morning, after painting and cleaning for 4 hours yesterday, I'm painfully aware of those muscles.  I thought they left a long time ago when the mussy fat replaced them.  I'm often surprised by what's under the surface.

Todays Question:  "What is something good in your life that hasn't surfaced for a while?"

My answer is shocking, turns out I'm an excellent painter.  I've watched Gord do it for years and pointed out all the little flaws.  I'm such a great wife that way.  I did a bit of painting for a friend and it looked good, I just wasn't really paying attention.  Now that I have an empty room to transform I'm finding out that my attention to detail is a valuable assest.  When I make a blunder it has to be immediately fixed, I can't ignore it.  Remember I'm not patient.  So at fifty one I discover I'm a regular Michael Angelo.  You should see the ceiling in my dining room, no spots, no accidential brushes.

Maybe I'm embellishing a little but I am being sincere when I say something good has surfaced.  Couldn't have happened at a better time.  I've got the second coat to do today and then the living room and bedroom to finish.  Let's don't even talk about the three bedrooms and multiple closets upstairs.  Yikes.

So my stomach muscles are sore and that confirms, contrary to my belief, I am not a solid mass of fat as I supposed.  I have invested alot of years getting totally out of shape so I was pretty certain muscle pains were over for me.  Not so my friends, there is hope.  I'm surprised that muscle pain and arm aches make me feel stronger.  Weird hey. 

I hope whathever gift you have under the surface, or muscle for that matter, would be exercised and fanned into flame once again.  We all have so many different gifts, some are used on a regular basis and some come out as need arises.  I pray you be a wonderful blessing in whatever area God gifts you.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment