THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, January 4, 2010

Wrong Motives

This will be a two part post because the subject matter is huge for me, yes, I often have wrong motives.  Especially when it comes to making wise choices regarding my health. 

Todays Question:  "How do I change?"

That is a hard question to answer and life so far has taught me that it is an even harder thing for most people to do.  At least I'm not alone. 

This morning I was pondering some of the things I struggle with and some of the things the people I care about struggle with.  This scripture came to mind, Jame 4:2 "You do not have because you do not ask God."  Simple isn't it?  Not!  Oh it seems simple but it isn't, let me explain.

Yesterday I went to Starbucks with Tessa, Zayin and Christan, three people who mean a great deal to me.  Tessa had gone to change Zayin and Christan and I were talking.  The subject of weight came up, surprising isn't it?  Christan said very honestly that she didn't think she was ready to deal with making better choices because she couldn't control that.  Bam!  Those words penetrated me and I instantly knew the answer.  "You are in control of your choices."  She smiled that pretty smile of hers and I added; "It's the only thing we truly can control."  Yep we both heard truth.  It may have come from my mouth but rest assured people those words were not mine.  They penetrated me and I was more aware of my past errors and wrong motives at that moment than I have been for a while.  God used Christan to wake me up.  All this time I've been acting like a victum when in fact I'm the victumizer.  Oh dear.

I want to beleive that there is some evil force controlling my weight, my eating habits, my metabolism.  I want bad genes to be the reason my jeans get tight.  I ask God for help forgetting that He has given us all the gift of choice.  He's willing to help but I'm only looking for the instant answer.  Dear Lord please make me skinny in spite of all the food I'm stuffing in my face.  I heard a girl on that Biggest Loser show asking God why he chose her to be fat.  Hello!  Did she really say that, I only ask because it's sounds like something stupid I would say.  I'm a blamer I'm sad to report, an out of control blaming everything but myself...blamer.  

So not what?  I'm going to ask God for the strength I need to change my wrong motives into good actions.  To be continued...

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment