THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hubba Bubba

I love that bubble gum...so good.  Plus one piece is 25 calories and no fat.  So I think I've found a new treat.  I can get a little sugar fix and blow bubbles at the same time.  My life is full.

I didn't weigh this morning because I got up to write and then my husband called me and I forgot to weigh.  I do not weigh in after I eat, I weigh first thing in the morning before breakfast.  No way am I changing that so we will have to see how I'm doing tomorrow morning.  Sorry about that.  You can blame Gord...I do. ;)

Todays Question:  "Does that sound like an excuse not to weigh in?"

It really isn't...I  just have to consistent.  On another more important note...exercise.  I can't report that I've jumped on the exercise train but I can tell you that yesterday afternoon and this morning I danced.  I do love to dance so I'm thinking that if I find ways to incorporate that into my day on a regular basis, I'll get a work out and enjoy it at the same time.  It's about all I can come up with at this point and it is exercise.  Maybe if I do it two dances at a time I'll be able to make up a half hour the hard way.  I told you I hated exercise...I wasn't kidding.

Two words have been on my mind for the last day or two, one is discipline and the other is decisive.  I've been trying to figure out how to be disciplined enough to exercise.  That caused me to think of my son-in-law Dave.  I'd mentioned before that he's lost fourty pounds over the last year...no he did not exercise.  He did however say no, on a very regular basis.  Was it discipline or was he decisive?  I decided that in Dave's case he is decisive.  He made a decision to eat less and lose fourty pounds and one year later he succeeded.  What's the difference?  That's what I'm trying to figure out.  I think that discipline is hard and decisions are made as you go...not easy but maybe easier.  Dave still ate treats, just not so many, I saw him eat one cookie or take a few bites of dessert, I didn't know that was possible.  That was a shock to my system to say the least.  I think that discipline is why I've failed for so many years at dieting.  I'd force my self to rigidly follow the rules, that defines discipline for me and I have to say I hate it.  That would last a few days, maybe a week and then off the rails I went.  I didn't just glide off I jumped off.  Making a decision to eat better, or less, is easier to live with.  I feel like I have a choice and that works for the bratty child in me.  You know the one who hates discipline. 

I love Gods discipline because it has purpose, I don't like man made rules.  So it would appear that I will contine to make the decisions about how I will get this fifty one pounds off.  One day at a time, one decision at a time. 

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. "Excellent thoughts Jenny"! I think your decisions (which I know have been well-thought out) will definately be a successful payoff someday soon. I like your "dancing exercise" idea....anything that you can enjoy & even sweat over will help cause not only a healthy weight loss but also a healthy heart & muscles:) You are an inspiration to us & I am thankful to be called your friend. My Love & Prayers; WJM

    ReplyDelete