THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, September 25, 2009

10 Pounds - Yay!

I have finally reached my first 10 pounds....I have delivered that baby and it wasn't too painful.  I didn't realize how much it meant to me to see that first 10 pound drop.  The smile on my face for 5 minutes after revealed that it meant alot more to me than I thought.  I almost jumped for joy before I realized I didn't need a sprained ankle, I do still need to lose 40 more pounds.

You would think this was the first time I'd ever lost 10 pounds, so not true.  I have lost and found about 15 people over the course of my life.  I feel so different this time and I guess it's because in the past I've set out to lose weight never setting a goal.  I'd only commit to "try" to lose some weight.  Putting a number on it was way too serious for me, committment overload.

Todays question:  "Did any of you think that setting goals for weight lose was stupid?"  I did!

 I honestly thought that setting goals in general was stupid. I didn't realize until today that I've been doing it for most of my life, I just never called it that.  I went back to school and thought that was a committment, turns out I missed the goal I'd set to finish in 3 years.  I did it...shocking myself here.  I wanted to lose no less than 20 pounds before my kids weddings, did it plus some extra, I thought that was a decision not a goal.  Weird how you can be as old as I am and completely miss something.  I guess goals, committments and decisions are pretty much married in meaning.  I've stayed with my commitments and decisions but I'd divorced the goals without cause. 

Sometimes in life decisions are made and minds are set before careful consideration of the matter has taken place.  Sometimes we hate something we don't want to face.  That is what I was doing, I know that I am a person of my word, if I commit to something I'm going to do it.  The fear of committing to weight lose and setting a goal is what held me back.  What's stopping you my friends? 

I think that it is better to face your fears at any age than it is to say you can't change because you are too old, too busy, to tired, to stressed, to sick, etc.  The excuse list is long, mine ran from my front door to the Sobey's in Beaumont, you knew I'd pick a grocery store.  I've set a goal, I'm so happy I got to the first 10 pound marker.  I'm pressing on.

Have a blessed and wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about excuses this morning again and realized that they're pretty useless. I could come up with an excuse to or not to do anything I think! What's the point.

    ReplyDelete