THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hoped for but not seen.

So today I'm thinking about Hebrews eleven; "Faith is the evidence of things hoped for and not seen."  As in I hoped for a loss and got a one pound gain, that would be a good thing if I lived in England, but since I'm Canadian, I'm not liking that.  I am however keeping the faith when I don't see the result I hoped for.  I know in my head that this is going to happen from time to time, well at least once a month, but I don't like it much I have to admit.  If I had fallen off the wagon, filled up on chocolate, chips or any number of yummy things, it wouldn't bother me so much, I'd have gotten my just desserts...so to speak.  However, I did not. 

Todays question:  "Is it possible to keep hoping when the evidence is against you?"

Absolutely!  I beleive and wait patiently for alot of things I've never seen.  I know without a doubt that God is real, Jesus is my Saviour and the Holy Spirit speaks and directs me on a regular basis.  I have no evidence, I not only beleive it, my life depends on it.  I know that I have areas in my life that I need to change, I beleive I will suceed, eventually.

My husband would confirm this morning that I need work, little grumpy to say the least.  I know when I'm miserable and I know I need to stop, just haven't mastered the how when my hormones are raging. I know every single time I'm being a jerk, I hear that voice in my head telling me you are not being nice.  I push it aside, it comes back.  I listen.  I have found that confession is truly good for the mood.  Once I've stated outloud that I'm miserable I'm on the road to recovery.  Usually people are very happy to agree with me when I state the obvious.  Funny how that works...in that sad kinda way.

Today I'm painfully aware that I'm waiting for the evidence of my changes, I do have enough faith to know that I can and will change.  I have to look past what and I do and know that it is "not" who I am.  It is how I act from time to time, but truly not who I am.  When it comes to weight lose, it will come if I don't give up when I don't see the results I think I deserve.  When it comes to being Mrs. Grumpy Pants, I need to remember how I avoid grumpy people whenever possible.  I really don't want my husband, or anyone for that matter, to not like being around me. 

I hope you all have the faith to wait for the evidence, it will come.  We are not what we do, we are not always what we feel, we are created in God's image, fearfully and wonderfully made.  I'm not seeing the evidence today but I still know it's possible and true.  Once again...I will press on beleiving that I will get the results.

Be blessed with a wonderful and hopefull day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment