THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Honestly

So day thirteen and I'm not liking what the scale says this morning.  Up two pounds and I say what the heck.  I knew this day would come but I was hoping it would come in a couple months.  Not one day short of two weeks.  I was tempted to forget about blogging this morning.  I was thinking it's Sunday morning, I deserve a day of rest from blogging.  Sounds logical until you consider that if I was down two pounds I'd be typing faster than a speeding bullet so I could post...or should I say boast.  Yikes.

I wish that I could tell you I ate a box of chocolate covered almonds or a loaf of homemade bread but I didn't.  I had a realtively normal day, did eat some cheese and my husband made a yummy supper.   Didn't get stuffed at any point, didn't feel like I had a bad day at all.  So why the gain?  Not 100% sure but maybe it has to do with the title, honestly.  Which leads wonderfully to today's question;

"Is it dishonest to only be honest when it makes you look good?"

Answer; yes.  Rats, so not the answer I was hoping for.  Double rats, so true.  Writing my blog on the days when I'm down, so easy, writing on the days I stay the same, still easy.  Writing when I up, not so easy.  I knew that if I didn't write and gave you some wonderful reason tomorrow you'd think nothing of it.  But inside I knew that if I wasn't honest through this process I would fail.  And failure is not an option.  I felt a little angry at you all this morning when I weighed 5 times, adjusted the scale to be certain it was right on that zero line, then weighed two more times.  Why couldn't I manipulate that thing this morning?  Why was I angry at you?  Because I didn't think my gaining weight was any of your business, funny how I was instantly reminded that I made it your business when I went public and started this blog.  I want your praise when I do well and I want you in the dark when I don't.  Oh sometimes I'm so human.  Forgive me please, I commit to honestly report my weight good or bad, up or down until this fifty one year old loses her fifty one pounds.

I am a work in process, I am an imperfect person waiting for Jesus to perfect me.  Working with him and discovering that He moves so much more efficiently than I do.  I can do this on the good days and I can do it on the not so good ones as long as I remember that no matter what, God is for me.  And if God is for me who can be against me?  Well, honestly it's usuallly me whose against me and honestly I need to stop that.

Have a wonderful day and be so blessed...honestly.

2 comments:

  1. I've coined an abbreviation for "Work in progress"...WIP.

    Thought it might be fun to have one for "Imperfect person" too, since we all are...how about "IMP"...

    We're all WIPs and IMPs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute... fyi though WIP is an accounting term for "work in progress" which refers to professional or manufacturing products that are not completed and ready for sale... thus work in progress... Nice to think of WIP in a different term that what I was trained to think of it... It's a much nicer way to think of accounting! :o) Deb

    ReplyDelete