THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Unconditional Love

Last night I went to bed thinking about God's unconditional love and I was reminded, as I thought about how that relates to my blog, of my husbands unconditional love for me, no matter what I weigh.  I can honestly tell you that my husband has never said a bad word to me about my weight.  He thinks, God bless his heart, that I'm not fat.  He has actually said that.  Remarkable I know.  I have to confess that I'm the one in our relationship who likes to point out flaws.  I wish I didn't but I notice everything about everyone.  Someone cuts their hair, I notice.  Loses weight, I notice.  Gains weight, I notice.  Has a stain on their shirt, I'm shouting it out.  Got a peice of lint on their jacket, I'm resisting the temptation to pick it off, some strangers don't appreciate that.  For the record, I do.  I notice every little change in everyone and I have no shut off switch, I have learned to shut my mouth when it's inappropriate.  I make it my goal to express the positive. 

Todays question:  "What does unconditional love mean to you?"

I smiled and let out an elated sigh as I drifted off to sleep considering that my husband is a good example of God's unconditional love.  He truly loves me for who I am, he sees only the good, forgets the bad and makes me feel so special.  He's not perfect but news flash, he didn't marry perfect.  We are however, perfect for each other.  And trust me it's taken years, 30 to be exact to get to this place and we'll still be perfecting our marriage when we die.  I can tell you that I beleive marriage is to be a reflection of who God is, and I've spent many days wondering how that could happen.  Especially knowing who we both are.  I can also tell you that I see glimpses of God's glory in us from time to time and that inspires me to press on. 

I really believe that if we could just grasp how very much God loves us, understanding that it is not dependant on what we do or don't do, we would be so much happier.  We all need to depend entirely on what He has done already.  Loved us, unconditionally in spite of who He knows we are.  And that is remarkabe because I know who I really am, and I can tell you there are days when I don't even like myself, never mind love myself.  I continue in this journey to lose fifty one pounds because I made a committment, to myself and to you.  God continues to love us because He made a committment to love us.  He's so much better at loving than I am.

I pray that today you would consider how completely loved you are.  God is so not concerned with the things we think we need to do to please Him.  He is pleased with us already.  I strive to change because He loves me so much it compels me to do better, I'm not striving to gain His love or approval, I already have both thanks to Jesus.

I absolutely love being loved...."Unconditionally."

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog, and am finally posting to tell you so!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog. And especially love his post. :-) Thanks for sharing...

    Keli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two beauties I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete