THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weight a Minute

It's a funny thing this losing weight process, funny in that argh kinda way.  The  part that's funny has to do with results and the looking for results.  That prompted today's title, weight a minute.  I went to my closest after blogging and rejoicing over my milestone, I wanted to wear something different, something that would now fit.  Turns out I've been wearing alot of the same things because I was too "pleasantly plump" for the others, I had ignored that fact.  I don't know why I thought I could jump back into clothes I was wearing when I was 10 pounds lighter than I am now.  Wishful thinking, I should have "weighted a minute". 

Today's Question:  "Why didn't I get upset when a smaller, but still large roll was cascading over the top of the jeans I was thinking I could wear?"  (Sounds nicer when I say cascading than hanging don't you think?)

The answer.  I couldn't even get the buttons together before that's why.  And last night as I lay thinking about my blog, yep I do that.  I got the title "weight a minute".  If I start focusing on the fact that I can't comfortably wear what we all call our "skinny clothes" then I'm going to be upset or mad that I have not lost enough weight.  I needed to stop and weight, take that minute to be happy for the change and know that next summer I'll be wearing those, if they are not too big.  I'll probably fit into them in a month or so but they are white jean capri's, I may be tempted to wear them but my fear of being out of fashion will override. Thank God.

Weighting is a good thing and I had never put the two words together before but I did now, so I think I may be the first to coin the term "weighting", which has dual meanings in this case.  I need to watch my weight and I need to wait for some things, expectantly, patiently and happily.   I'm not know for my patience, no comments from close friends, husband or children please.  I do so many things quickly.  Yep even eat.  Everything is a race for me and apparently I'm a little competitive.  I do like to win, also like to see others win, just not when they are competing against me. I don't get mad when playing board games, I'm not a screaming, holloring ninny or anything, it's just fun to win.  Oh and people can lose weight and suceed and I don't mind at all, in fact I'm very happy for them, as long as they don't expect me to follow them.  Weird hey.  Funny how you can be competitive in some things and not in others. 

My point, weighting is a good thing on both counts.  Wait for results while doing the work to obtain them, weigh your actions and the motivation of your heart, compete against yourself and you'll never hurt anyone elses feeling, I lost ten pounds, I won that leg of my journey, I have four more to go plus one pound.  I need to wait to wear smaller clothes but enjoy the comfort I'm now feeling in the clothes I've been wearing. I need to weight for white jeans, it's just better for everyone.  Have you ever noticed how white and cellulite don't mix that well, makes me think of cottage cheese. 

And last but not least, give yourself permission to weight a minute.  Take the time to enjoy what you have accomplished before you fill your mind with the "mores".  I need to lose more, I need to get more, I need to do more, I need to have more.  Those "mores" will stop you from enjoying all that you "have" accomplished at this moment.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment