THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, September 11, 2009

Mid-Afternoon Reflection

It's taking me way longer than normal to write today.  Seemed to be a blank slate this morning, not sure why.  I'm finding more strength as each day passes and I'm amazed at my ability to stop.  That's it...just stop.  Don't eat that, or don't overeat that.  I'm making better choices and feeling so much better for it.  I'm seeing the scale slowly moving downward and I think that's good.  I know in my head that losing weight slow is best, but my flesh is set to instant results.  I'm changing the setting.

Question of the day; "Can a person change their eating habits after 35 plus years?"

I feel like the answer is yes.  I feel like I could change anything I don't like about myself lately.  I'm understanding how willing God is to help if I'm truly willing to change.  I thought I wanted to change in the past, I've begged for God's help on many occassions.  The difference is so simple it's ridiculous, I mean it this time.  I'm done.  Whatever it takes and no matter how long it takes I am going to make better choices.  I'm hoping that this choice to eat better and slim down will spill over into all aspects of my life.  I'm ready to work on me.  My kids are doing great, my marriage is a huge blessing to me, my freinds are amazing and I am able to work at the things I love.  It's time...

I will never be a person who thinks it "all about me" or "I'm number one" and I never want to be.  But I am finally starting to understand that it's okay to take care of me.  It's okay to respect, honor and love myself.  I no longer feel like I have to please everyone else in order to be significant.  I can bless others and thank God I can bless myself as well.  Boy I wish I'd have learned this years ago...but...I had to try all the stupid things first so I'd appreciate and truly grasp what I have now. 

And what do I have now?  Peace.  It's going to be okay, no matter what life brings my way it's okay.  I've been so surprised by what I can endure and God has never left me in any struggle.   Peace that passes my understanding is the greatest gift. 

I pray you all have peace knowing that no matter what you are going through God is working on your behalf.  You probably have no idea what He's doing and you don't need to.  Just be at peace, He's making a way.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment