THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Help!

Today I'm lacking motivation in more ways than I am able to count.  I don't feel like writing, I don't feel like packing, I don't feel like cooking, I just want to sit.  It's been a busy week and I think I may have run out of gas.  I wasn't running on premium to begin with but the lead found it's way back and I'm parked. 

Today's Question:  "Why is it that energy seems to be lacking when we need it the most?"

Answer, I spent it.  Yep, spent my wad as they say and now I'm broke.  Over did it, pure and simple but didn't stop when my body told me I was tired.  Didn't get the extra rest like I should have, kept pushing myself instead.  Now I have a whack of things to do and I'm not moving. 

The good news is I would normally start feeding my exhaustion and that would give me enough energy to get more done.  Why is that good news?  Because I'm not doing it, I refuse to be tired and mad.  I'd rather not add to all I have to get done guilt and self-loathing.  So I'm going to sit.  I need rest and I'm going to rest.  I'm ordering in, my husband will pick it up, and then I plan to have a quiet night. 

I have discovered that everything I have to do, will be waiting for me tomorrow.   I need to learn to trust myself enough to know that I will do what has to be done.  I know there are things that need to be done, I just wonder why we women stress ourselves out thinking we can do it all in record breaking time.  Who cares, that's how I feel today.  My kids didn't care if their jeans were a little dirty, I did.  They cared when I spent time with them, played with them, made them laugh.  I don't have wonderful memories of a clean house, my memories are relational. 

I'm glad I finallly figured it out....I'm going to "help" myself and have a restful night.  I'm not going to overeat, I'm not going to push myself.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo thankful for your honesty. The way you are learning to listen to your body is how I want to learn to listen too. Thank you for writing.

    ReplyDelete