THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, September 17, 2009

French Fries for Supper

In spite of today's title my friends I am down a pound.  Yipee.  It's so good to see the scale move in the downward direction as opposed to up.  I admit when it goes down I feel a little oh oh, hoping that what goes down does not come up. 

I have to tell you that eating what I want and having nothing that is off limits is the key to weight lose success, at least for me.  I no longer think about what I can't have and that for a person like myself, who likes to be in control of everything, yes I admitted it, is so liberating.  I have spent the last 30 some years telling myself you can't have this, and then eating it anyway, you shouldn't eat that, and then thinking about it constantly, feeling deprived because whatever they tell me I can't have is exactly what I want.  So now if I want to eat french fries for dinner I will.  Surprise, surprise, I don't want them for dinner often and I only had them because being a lacto ovo fish eating vegetarian, can sometimes mean french fries are the only choice I have.  So french fries for supper are not always a bad thing. 

Now for those who may be thinking, oh she's a vegetarian, that's why she'll lose the weight easier than me.  Nice try, I've been a veg for a while and I've managed to maintain my overweight status quite well thank you.  I spent a year eating only fruit and vegetables and still managed to hold onto my fat.  My point, if you overeat it does not matter what you are eating.  The only reason, outside of health issues, for being overweight is overeating.  I need you to know that I spent a lot of time comparing how much I ate to others and feeling like I should be slim. 

Today's question; "Why do some people get away with eating so much?"

Answer, we are all different.  I had to accept the fact that I ate less than many of my thin friends and family members.  My reality, this body was designed for starvation prevention and fat retention.  That's what my body does best.  So, I have to work with what I have, the body God gave me.  Now that I'm eating whatever I want I'm not bothered by what anyone else is doing.  I simply think about my choices and then I eat them.  So if it's french fries for supper, wonderful.  Let me add that I went to bed a little hungry, french fries are not satisfying for any length of time.  In the past I would have had another meal because I felt a little hungry.  Remember I'm learning from my son-in-law, it's ok to be hungry every once in a while.  I'm still shocked when I survive the night, but so far so good. 

I'm so glad that I am no longer living by a list of can haves and can'ts.  I now make choices I've actually thought about, and once I've made my decision I enjoy my choice.  I no longer eat meals I don't like because they will help me lose weight.  Like salads without dressing for example.  I get my dressing on the side but baby... I'm having dressing.

I eat ...."all things in moderation."  Gods plan for eating.  Brilliant.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment