THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Same Change

I was wondering this morning why some things are the same and yet they change.  Doesn't make sense to me but since I'm feeling it I know it happens.  I weighed this morning and I'm the same.  No lose, no gain.  I'm totally fine with that but I'm trying to figure out why I feel changed.  That led me to...

Today's question;  "Why do I feel so different when the scale says I weigh the same?"

The only answer I can come up with is that my body is changing whether the scale says so or not.  My clothes are fitting better, everything feels looser and I feel lighter.  I have not had that heavy feeling since I started this process fifteen days ago.  I do not miss that heavy feeling one bit.  I'm not asking my husband to carry me up the stairs at this point,  I haven't shut my brain off.  I'm just surprised by how good I feel and I think that is the result of my actions.

I have often heard the expression, actions speak louder than words, I think at fifty one I'm finally understanding that in a new way.  I have taken action in a lifelong battle, less some childhood years, and I feel empowered by this decision to change the way I see food.  I had a love hate relationship with food, completely one sided, the food neither loved nor hated me.  How rude.  Now I see food as a means to fuel my body in a healthy way, I see food as necessary and a blessing, I'm no longer serving it. 

I used to have a little post it note on my fridge that read, "A person is a slave to whatever has mastered him." 
Food was my master, I thought about my next meal while I was eating breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I thought about the snacks I could have along the way.  I thought about what I should eat, what I shouldn't eat and I was hungry most of the time.  Not surprising that I wanted to eat all day.  I added thoughts of food to my every activity.  Movie, popcorn.  The mall, some wonderful snack.  Family visits, tons of food.  Friend visits, nice snack.  Roadtrip, junk in abundance.  Rode my bike or went for a walk, stopped at the store to buy a treat for exercising.  Came home, straight to the fridge.  Leaving home, may need a snack.  Ridiculous, and in my defense I was raised that way.  My parents lived through a recession. 

So now I feel like I'm putting food in it's proper place, its not going anywhere, unless I bring it.  That means it's okay I can relax, just breahte.  And I think that is why I feel so much different when Mr. Scale says I'm the same.  My body may not be as little as I feel, my stomach is probaby not as flat as I think it is in the morning.  I'm almost certain people are not looking at me thinking, my she's slim.  Ok I'm certain.  I weigh the same but I know I've changed.  I'm discovering that my thoughts are powerful. 

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment